chapter three: The train station 🚉

Today all the tributes are coming to the Capitol. Coriolanus decided to go to the train station to welcome his tribute. Well I'm not sure if he's allowed to do that but he still wants to go.

The last time I heard news from him was at the midnight. When he told me about this idea. He couldn't sleep so he called me because he wanted to talk to someone other than his family. Me and Coriolanus were always pretty close since day one.

But our families had almost nothing in common. I was born in district 4 all my life was about the sea and the fishing. My parents owned a lot of ships. My family was the second most important in my district after the mayor.

Coriolanus was born in Capitol.
All his life was about lights and photos and fame since his family was one of the oldest and richest families.

The only thing that we had in common was our parents - my mother and his father - .They both were cold looking. You could see the hate in their eyes.

We met during the war. Our parents got pretty close and we got along really well. We have been engaged for almost 13 years. I know it sounds crazy but we didn't have a choice. Our parents decided that for us. In my innocent mind all this was just a game. Like those games that we played with Tigris and Corio. Tigris was the child and me and Corio were the parents.

After 13 years of our engagement. It is time to get married.

"CLEOPATRA. GET HERE RIGHT NOW. YOU NEED TO SEE THIS" my mother shouted from down stairs.

As I walk into the living room. I notice something terrible.

" Oh my! Is that Corio!?"

"He have lost himself in madness. Why he is in the zoo with the tributes?" My mother questions furiously.

"I-What is he doing?"

" I don't know. You talked to him last night."

" Well. Um. Yeah. I mean he told me that he mayde thought about go to the train station to greet the tributes?" I'm screwed.

"HE WHAT? HE TOLD YOU THAT AND YOU LET HIM? If the Snows fall, we fall with them. Since the war our names are connected. You can't let him do all this things. Not before the wedding. You should lead him. He is a boy. Boys are stupid you are not. You a woman. You are a O'dair woman you must save his ass and our ass. If he fails, some of our fortune is gone"

" I'm sorry mother" I whisper

"Since your father's death. You only disappoint me"

"I'm sorry mother"

"Go to your room"

"Hold on. Last night you didint talk to me about your tribute. So what district did you get?"

"Emmm so about that..." Fuck.

"Is there a problem. Cleopatra?"

"Yeah. No. I mean"

"Cleopatra" my mother says with a serious tone.

"Maybe I don't have a tribute due to a mistake..."

"WHAT?"

"It's not my fault" I whisper

"Go to your room. Immediately and don't get out till the end of the day"

I stay silent. As always. After my father's death her mood got worst but I don't blame her. She raise me alone years now. I got to my room and I opened the TV. Corio is in fact at the zoo. How the hell did he get there?

Three hours later...

" CORIOLANUS SNOW. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?"

"Don't yell at me Patra. You think I wanted this? They locked me in a cage with literally animals. In the van they wanted to kill me. Only Lucy Gray protected me there. I think we will make a good team. If I keep her alive. They don't even feed them. "

" Oh my! That's horrible." I said soked

" I know. We must do something. But first I will go to see how she is."

" I'll come with you"

" No you won't."

"Why?"

" it's dangerous"

"Oh. Em okay. See you at dinner?"

" yeah see you"

... something's wrong. Coriolanus was cold. It's the first time that he treated me like that. What's wrong with him? Is it because of this new problem? The Lucy Grey case? Ig it's because of professor highbottom or sum. Anyway I will go to the zoo. I don't care if he said that is dangerous. After all I grow up in district 4 and I survived a war so I don't think that a walk to the zoo will be a big deal.

_______________________________________
Words: 763🚉