III. ESCAPING PORT ROYAL

"They've taken them! They've taken Elizabeth and Jade!" Will turner bursts through the door of Commodore Norrington's office. His knees are covered in dirt and he clutches a sword in his hand.

"Will!" Jade almost sobs. She could care less about the disapproval of her father as she runs to hug her best friend. He hugs her tight, "I thought they took you."

"I escaped. Elizabeth made sure I did," Jade murmers. She fiddles with the pearls around her neck as she takes a step away from Will. James Norrington eyes Will but doesn't comment. The two turn to the map that Norrington, Governor Swann, and Gilette are observing.

"We have to hunt them down and save her," Will says, determined. Norrington's eyes flicker to the blacksmith.

"Where do you propose we start? If you have any information concerning Elizabeth's whereabouts do share, otherwise you have no place here," Governor Swann reprimands. Jade stands defensively by Will.

"If he is leaving I am leaving with him. At least he is determined to make an effort towards my sister's rescue," Jade argues, crossing her arms across her body. With difficulty her father backs down.

A moment passes before another voice from somewhere behind Norrington speaks, "That Jack Sparrow— he mentioned something about the Black Pearl."

Jade recognises him as one of the red coated men from the docks. The other red coated man stands beside him as per usual. He interrupts, "Mentioned it is more what he did—"

"Still—"

Their blooming bickering is cut off. "That pirate tried to kill Elizabeth! We could never trust a word he said!" Governor Swann says coldly.

Jade meets Will's eye. He quirks an eyebrow in question. She doesn't say anything to him, instead she approaches her father. "I think I'm going to go for a walk, is it alright if Will accompanies me?"

Her father seems reluctant, glowering at Will, but sighs, "So long as you are not alone."

Jade smiles, kissing her father's cheek and hurrying off, pulling Will along with her.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The smell of the prison made Jade's nose wrinkle in disgust. She descends the stairs with Will on her heel. She notices a cell with a gaping hole in the brick wall— probably from the cannon fire.

"What makes you think he will tell you anything?" Will asks, coming to a stop beside her. Jade tucks loose strands of hair behind her ears, scanning the cells. She spots a figure laying on the dirty floor.

"Doesn't hurt to try..." She pauses before calling louder, "Captain Sparrow?"

The figure in front of them props themself up onto their elbows, gazing up at Will and Jade.

"That ship, the Black Pearl— are you familiar?" Will demands, his hands clamping around the bars.

"Somewhat," Jack mutters.

"Where does it make berth?" Will pushes.

Jack cocks an eyebrow as if Will is asking the impossible, "Haven' you heard the stories, mate? The Black Pearl sails for the dreaded Isla de Mureta... an island that cannot be be found, 'cept by those who already know where it is."

Jade rolls her eyes, "The ship is real, therefore the island must be real. So, where is it?"

Jack taps his foot, as if they are wasting his time, "Why ask me?"