Chapter 2: Between Sea and Darkness

Everything was dark; I don't remember what was going on. I kept hearing voices shouting at my name, familiar voices.

I opened my eyes; it was all blurry; I couldn't see anything well. When I finally regained my vision, I was staring at a rocky ceiling.

I was lying on the ground. I looked around, trying to understand where I was. I was confused; this isn't something I usually see in my room. It's because I'm not in my room. I slowly stood up, and I kept analysing around.

With confusion, I couldn't understand my whereabouts. Am I inside a cave?

I looked around, and then I quickly checked on myself. I was soaking wet, and I couldn't remember what happened to me.

I tried to remember everything, but my head suddenly hurt.

I decided to walk around, trying to find my way out. How did I end up here?

Fortunately, there was light under here; I don't have a flashlight with me, but thanks to these glowing rocks, they were covered with colourful phosphorescent light, a mix of blue, green, and purple. The cave was full of stalactites and stalagmites. It felt like I was venturing inside a monster's mouth.

There was nothing to find here—no escape, nothing but rocks and water.

I found a giant round pool of water. I feel that if I jumped inside, I could swim out of this cave, but I can't take that risk because I don't know where I would end up.

I decided to go back since there were more paths to take. As I walked back, I suddenly heard a person's voice. I slowly walk back to the place where I woke up.

There were three people—two men and one woman—and instead of greeting them, I immediately hid from them.

From the looks of it, they don't look like civilised people.

They were wearing weird attire; they were mostly exposed except for their intimate areas.

Two of them were holding weird, dark, turquoise-sharp spears.

I couldn't understand what they were saying; it could be a foreign language, not a widespread one.

They don't look like friendly people. So I slowly back away, unfortunately stumbling on a rock, causing me to fall to the ground, releasing a loud sound.

When I stood up, I looked back at them; apparently I was in their clear sight, because suddenly one of them screamed, and all of them started to charge right at me.

I ran and ran everywhere, trying my best to avoid them.

Every time I move around, another pops up.
I was struggling to escape from them; they don't look human at all.

One of them managed to stab me in the shoulder.

They could be cannibals. I suddenly ended up at a dead end; there was no where I could go, so I went back. I could hear their shout from the distance; there was no other way I could go, until a girl from nowhere grabbed my arms, asking me to follow her.

Without thinking for a second, I obliged.

She was taking me away from them, and I was confused because she was wearing the same attire as them. But for some reason, she was saving me rather than luring me in.

We ran and ran until we ended up at another dead end.

There was no way out of here except a pond in the middle. She insisted on swimming down there, but I kept refusing.

But when I heard their battle cry, I jumped in and followed her.

I don't know for how long I was underwater, but it felt like an eternity. Where was she taking me? Where was I?