A Long, Lonely Time || Eren Yeager

Pt. 1 of "Unchained Melody" Mini-Series

content; modern!au, college!au

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ༶•┈┈⛧┈〄┈⛧┈┈•༶ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

A continuous routine, but this was something you would never replace with anything. You checked the cameras one last time; one where they could capture everyone while the other three focused on each personnel. The lighting hung directly on top of them, green screen draping right behind their figures. Yes, everything was perfect.

"Babe, you have checked it before." A low chuckle rolled down his tongue as his emerald eyes never left your figure, who was now checking for the last camera near the drum, making sure that it all works one last time. "You really take all of this seriously, huh?"

You raised one of your eyebrows before resting your hand on your hips. As if you felt so attacked if he thought that somehow you took this job lightly. Well, not technically a job, since they didn't pay you, but you enjoyed yourself by doing this for them.

"Eren Yeager, I couldn't believe that after two years doing this — you ever think I am not serious?" You scoffed, jutting your lips to the front. This gesture was enough for him to know that you were joking around. "I am hurt. You think that low of me, huh?"

"I-I am sure Eren didn't mean it that way, (Y/n)!" The blonde drummer suddenly got up from his seat, now with a frantic look painted on his face.

You blinked at this sudden outburst, not expecting him to blurt it out like that. Your little banter with your boyfriend was something that occurred a lot of time, but somehow the poor blonde still couldn't take it as a joke — worried that the banter would turn into an actual fight. Ah, always a gentle soul.

"Armin, I am sure they are just joking around." The calming voice filled the room, chirping in the conversation. She didn't look at her agitated friend as her fingers traced her bass strings, heads filled with the beat and notes already.

"She knew!" You exclaimed, chuckling a little before taking a few steps backward away from the camera. "Sorry, Armin. I shouldn't joke around like that when you guys are going to record a song."

You plopped yourself behind the control desk, three monitors standing tall in front of you. They were already checking the instrument before. Now there was just one thing left to do — the showtime. Biting his lips out of habit, you cleared your throat and brought your professional side.

"I don't know why you guys didn't tell me what song you are going to cover today, but," You trailed off, wearing the studio headphones as you shrugged your shoulders, eyes focused on the screen, could not see the glimpse in their eyes as they looked at each other knowingly. "You guys can start in three, two, one—"

You had been sitting in front of the dealer for a few minutes now. From the corner of your eyes, you could see how she seemed agitated, impatient of course, since you said nothing. Humming a little, you only stared at the brochure that she gave to you before, deep in thought as your mind wandered around from one scene to another.

Who knew that it would be this hard to buy a car?

Maybe you should invite your roommate. A neutral second opinion would be good right now. But knowing that he worked on your video until around two in the morning, you didn't have the heart to wake him up early.

As if on cue, your phone rang with a single chime.

You groaned, looking at the dealer to apologise before fetching your phone from your bag. Unlocking the screen, you saw a notification from him. Ah, typical, always overreact when you were nowhere to be seen when he woke up. You were grateful to have a caring roommate, really.