Are You Still Mine? || Eren Yeager

Pt. 5 of "Unchained Melody" Mini-Series

content; modern!au, college!au

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ༶•┈┈⛧┈〄┈⛧┈┈•༶ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Your throat felt so dry despite the milk tea and all of the beverages Jean bought for you before. It was so hard to just swallow down your saliva, lips chapped and your senses didn't work like they were supposed to. The crowds sang their hearts out, voices filling the wide space of the park where the festival was located.

It could have been such another blast. You always loved live music, to hear a new arrangement of songs, the energy that you could absorb to recharge yourself, the atmosphere here was something you adored.

If you were in another concert, maybe you were going to do the same as the crowds. Bumping into one another, singing without a care in the world, enjoying what the world offers with the most important invention that humanity ever found — music.

But now, you could only stare at the stage with your heart shattered for every beat of the drums that reached your hearing. The band currently covered a song instead of singing their own, wanting to get everyone here pumped up with one of their most-viewed arrangements from back in the day.

♪ "So have you got the guts?" ♫

You remembered this one. After all, you were the one who made sure the pitch was right and cleaned the audio for hours with a cup of coffee on your side before uploading it. When they recorded the video, he was practically sent so many winks your way. The end of his lips curled into a smirk, radiating smugness.

♪ "I am sorry to interrupt, it's just I am constantly on the cusp," ♫

Back then, you rolled your eyes at his antics. But instead of out of playfulness like before, it was now due to annoyance.

When Jean asked you to watch the concert from the first day and up to the last, this wasn't the scenario you had in mind. To see your freaking ex-boyfriend, Eren Yeager, carded his hair to the back as his lips were so close to the microphone and serenaded the whole crowd — no. You were not here for this.

"Princess, don't get too far away from me." You were just going to paddle towards this one booth that sold some cool dresses. But before you could step your foot there, Jean's arm circled your waist and pulled you closer. "This place is crowded as fuck. You will get lost."

"Jean, I can always call you if I am lost." Deadpanned, you only pinched his tummy (more on his abs though), making him yelp a little before whining out your name in exasperation. "I am not a kid."

"I am not a kid." He impersonated you with such an annoying tone, so you nudged his side with your elbow, making him blurted out a little oof— before dragging him towards the booth. "You are so rash, you know that?"

"And yet you call me princess."

You were not wrong and pretty sure it would be enough to shut him up. When he only let out a gasp as if not expecting you to retort like that, with three seconds of silence ensued after that, you knew you were on the winning side here. "Just admit it, Jean. You are oh-so-in-love with me~"

Swallowing a huge lump, you were practically throwing the dice there. Whenever you teased him with the same line before, he would ruffle your hair or fake gagging, muttering shit underneath his breath that it would be in your dreams. He always did that, but nothing could be heard as he only stood beside you with his lips shut.

You glanced at him, looking at the way his face glowed from the light that came from the booth. There was an unreadable expression on his visage, and you were somehow hopeful. Hopeful of what? You didn't even know. Whatever it was, your heart skipped a beat faster, something that happened a lot with him around these days.