Chapter 1 (introduction)

Description for those who did not read it-----------------

Soulmates exist. Its very difficult to discover who your soulmate is unless soulmates touch, because their are only 2 ways to find out who they are, or give hints. One you kiss them, you get a temporary black ring mark around your finger if you kiss your soulmate. Two you feel their pain. When a soulmate feels physical pain, your soulmate will feel the same pain just less strong.

Instead of using math to explain, because I'm dumb, I will explain how I make sense of it.

imagine getting pushed onto the floor, or falling onto the floor (thats soulmate A, the soulmate enduring pain), then imagine getting pushed onto a mattress or falling onto a mattress (that's soulmate b, the one getting soulmate a's pain). Soulmate b gets a dulled version of soulmate a's pain.

If your soulmate gets a bruise your skin might have a bit of a darker pigmentation where they got the bruise. Its even more difficult if they don't bruise easy.

If someone were to get a deep cut their soulmate would feel it too, and their would be a dark line on the soulmate where the cut would be on the other person.

Not many people take up the profession of being heros, as to not cause their soulmates pain, some say it's selfish to be a hero because of it.

End of description-----------------

Izuku had given up long ago.  He believed his tormentors. He wasn't worthy of a soulmate. He probably didn't even have one since he's a quirkless freak. No one believed in him. Except one person. 

All Might believed in him, well thats what izuku thought atleast. 

All might isn't a bad man. Well not on purpose he isn't.

All might realized after his fight with All For One that he would need to find a successor, before he could no longer be the 'symbol of peace'. Now all might knew he needed someone with passion, dedication, and want for helping others.  In other words; a hero. When he was chosen to be the 8th holder of OFA, no one knew of the pain aspect of soulmates. Everyone wanted to be a hero. It used to be the most yearned for career. Now its the least wanted. It became selfish to want to be a hero, because being a hero meant you were prone to injury. Being injured would cause your soulmate pain as well. People never wanted to cause their significant other through that. 

All might knew it would be hard, after trying for so long to find someone to be the next holder. No matter how much of a sob story he made it, they all said no. 

So when he stumbled upon a frail young boy pleading for a way to become a hero, even though he was the furthest thing from a stereotypical hero. He had no choice but to try. Knowing he could always take OFA back if he failed, which he thought was bound to happen. 

You cant even blame all might for thinking it might not work out. Izuku was entirely the opposite of all might himself. Small, short, cute and weak, if anything he would never be the symbol of peace. No matter how much he wanted to be. But all might had a little smidgen of hope that just maybe this wasn't that bad of an idea. 

-----

Izuku knew all might was hesitant to choose him. He was relatively good at reading people, but all might blatantly showed it on his face. 

Izuku knew he wasn't very hero looking, not with his large "villinous 'birthmark'", he was told that fact almost everyday. 

Izuku also knew that he couldn't let all might down, not when he needed to prove everyone wrong. Izuku was given the chance to make everyone eat their words. 

But to do that he would have to train extra hard. He needed to work harder. Maybe get another job to support his mom and him, and make more money to get weights. His goal was to clean the beach that all might told him he needed to clean in order to get OFA transferred to him. He would finally have a quirk, he could finally be normal.

-------

Shotou tried his hardest to disobey his father when it came to being a hero. He didn't want to be a stupid fucking hero. He didn't want to hurt his soulmate. Why would anyone ever want to hurt the person thats made for them. 

His father, Enji, aka Endeavour, number 2 hero since his debut, could never understand anything about soulmates. He married for power, not for love. Honestly, Shotou believes Enji is totally incapable of even feeling love or empathy at this point. 

Enji never even listened to shotou, just disregarding everything he had to say. 

Shotou couldn't stop him from sending him to UA school for hero training. He tried not going to the entrance exam, but of course his father found out about his plan and registered him through recommendations, his father being number 2 made it impossible for them to deny him access. 

Shotou got a firm palm to his cheek when his father found out about him skipping the entrance exam, and shotou only then realized that if he wanted to cause the least amount of harm to his soulmate, he would have to comply with his fathers every wish.

---------------------

Author Notessss

Uhmmm,,,,, so this is basically just an introduction to the story, to learn their thoughts a little bit, hence why it was so short, I cant promise quick updates because I am a high school student but I do hope to have another part out by the end of the week, 

Thanks for reading, comment any suggestions to improve my writing :))))))

<3333