Chapter 8 Do we have to?

Kai POV

"That, is a lot of destruction.."

"Well what'd you expect Kai? She's using your power to reign terror. Of course there's a lot of destruction"

"Morro!" Lloyd yells at him while shaking him... that's probably dangerous..

"Sorry, right yeah insensitive."..that. was unexpected. The others seem to agree too, if our shared confused stare is to go by.

"I am picking up the Ninjago NEWS report. Apparently, Gale Gossip is with Aspheera as well as Vinny, her cameraman. And.. that person Fred Finely is supposed to have the story. He is currently in the middle of the streets, everyone else evacuated." Zane tells us as we're approaching the city. Probably going towards that reporter.

"Wait, that Finely guy got the main story? Isn't he that stuck up reporter with like six awards?" Cole asks

"He keeps referring to a different number each time so I'm not sure." Zane answers

"Meh, I don't care about him. Gale's the one who caught all of our previous stories. She should've had the story, plus I always liked her better." Nya says. I totally agree, Gale's better.

"We should go help Fred Finely, he looks to be in trouble soon." Zane says, changing directions to a main street.

"Aww, do we have to? I mean, we don't have to save everyone right? It's not like they'll know.."

"Morro.. I have no memories of anything.. SO STOP MAKING ME YOUR VOICE OF REASON!!"

"Alright, geez. We'll go save him." Even with no memories, Lloyd makes the right choice. Good to know.

"Ooo~ yay, he's about to get eaten. Are we still saving?" Morro asks

"YES!"

"Aww, boo."

The snake holding Fred launches him into the air, it's mouth open wide. Cole speeds up his dragon and slams it into the snake, making it fall back. While that happens, I hold my arms out to catch the reporter. The snake gets up when Jay shoots it with lightning, jumping off of Nya's and onto Zane's dragon midair. Nya drops down and breaks open a fire hydrant, dragging the water around her to launch it with a punch. It hardens into rock right before Zane's dragon shoots ice towards it.

The guy's camera man turns the camera back to Finely after recording the fight. Findlay's blubbering about being saved after I had him off to Lloyd and bolt back to Cole. I probably shouldn't have done that to Lloyd, but oh well.

"Thank you. You're back. Thank you. I THOUGHT THAT THING WAS GOING TO EAT ME!" For Lloyd's part, he did well to comfort him.

"It's okay. You're gonna be fine."

"They wouldn't have even known we were here if we left him.." I hear Morro mumble. Cole punches his arm when walking past to help Lloyd.

"I'm not gonna be fine. I'm not. I'm gonna be scarred for the rest of my-"

"Hey, buddy, it's okay. You're all right." Lloyd looks like he's seconds away from questioning what he's doing. Morro looks delighted with that brother-like glee that I can fully understand when Lloyd tries, but fails, to leave.

"Okay, yeah. I'm.. I'm okay now."

"Look, we have to go. We've got to find Aspheera, she's the cause of all this." Lloyd says, pulling the fake leader card he's been using.

"Gale Gossip already found her, Aspheera is on her way to the Ninjago Museum of History."

"Told you she's better" Nya says, Jay and her walking over. Zane's still on his dragon.

"Dam right she is" Morro says, high-fiving Nya.

"What are we waiting for? Let's hit the road." Lloyd and Cole run back to us while Nya Cole and Morro make their dragons. Lloyd, Jay and I hop back onto the respective ones and fly away from Finely.

The flight to the museum is mostly quiet for a few minutes.

"Do we have to save every person?"

Lloyd groans and flops back, almost falling off before Morro pulls him back up with a laugh.