.・✭・prologue・✫・.

Blue Öyster Cult
"Don't Fear The Reaper"
2:34 ————|——— 5:09
◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷

The television's screen illuminated the room. The screen light shined several shades of brown. The TV showed a couple seemingly in their 50s with a little ginger boy who had to be around 6-8 years old. The newscaster, couple, and kid were all crammed into one cozy living room. The boy who was darting his piercing blue eyes back and forth between the woman speaking into the microphone and the camera filmimg the four of them. He seemed so beyond disturbed despite the fact the attack had been nearly a week ago.

"POLICE ARE STILL SEARCHING FOR THE UNIDENTIFIED KILLER..."

The newscaster continues.

"After the weeks of unexplained murders, the ominous unknown killer is keeping the citizens of Madison in a state of panic. With us right we have a young boy that claims he survived an attack from the unknown man. Today he is telling us what he witnessed..."

She would finally move the microphone down to his level whilst the camera zoomed in on his face. He then spoke.

"I had a bad dream,"

The child spoke.

"It was the middle of the night and it made me wake up. I was really scared and then I was even more scared because I felt like someone was in my room. I heard noises coming from outside and I thought that i saw someone. I didn't know what to do. I wasn't super duper sure if it was someone, so I looked at the window for a little bit."

The boy trips over his words. The words that are running at least a thousand miles per hour from his mouth.

"Then I really did see someone in the window! But he was trying to unlock my window so because he wasn't looking at me I went under my bed and then later he got in my room because I heard him hit my floor. I couldn't really see him but I didn't hear him walking so I think he was standing for a bit."

His grammar was a total disaster. It was unbearable to listen to. Then again, who can blame him? He's a scared little kid.

"And then I yelled super loud and got out under my bed and ran to my mom and dad's bedroom. Then he started walking but not running. Then woke up my dad and said that they're was a man that got into my bedroom then he got out of bed to check my room and then I runned downstairs and I went inside the cabinet under the sink in the bathroom."

The boy seemed to feel a sense of pride in the fact he got away from the killer and began to get ahold of himself, then began to speak at the speed of light.

"It was so loud and I heard my dad screaming and I think he was choking too. Then after that I heard my mom make the same noises. I think they both was fighting him."

The kid seemed to choke on the whole sentence he sobbed out. Tears glazed over his squinted eyes as he was described the death of his parents. His caretakers. The people who had looked after him his entire life. The one who gave him life and the one who protected him with his life. Both of them, gone forever.

"Then I remembered something my mom said about going to the neighbor's house if I'm home alone and in danger. Even though I wasn't home alone I still went to my neighbor's house because I think it was the right thing to do."

And it really was the right thing to do. A situation like this seems so unlikely that most kids would brush off their parents warning and advice. Many kids probably wouldn't even remember what their parents said.

"I opened the door and it was really loud but it's okay because now I'm going to be okay because I'm going to my neighbor's. But when I get outside I hear this scary and weird screaming and so I ran even faster and then I went up to their house and knocked on the door and they brought me inside and called the police."

The kid finished up his story, stuttering and stumbling over each and every word from the fear he felt when retelling the incident.

The newscaster brings the microphone back towards herself as the camera zooms out.

"Wow, that must've been real scary, huh?"

The woman speaks seemingly to him, but then neglecting what the boy was going to reply with.

"Police are still searching for this man. As of now we have no leads nor suspects. If you think you might know anything about this man, then we urge you to contact authorities. That's all we have on this subject for today. I'm Lisa Mitchell signing off, onto the next."

The channel switches to the next segment as if nothing happened. Even if the segments are supposed to be short, it felt like this should've been longer. They could've shown photos of the parents saying something like 'rest in peace' but no, nothing. Just another murder, nothing special.

* . °•★|•° author's note °•|☆•° . *

The parts where the little kid is speaking are supposed to be badly written! The writing is supposed to resemble the way a child speaks. Thats all :-)