Chapter 22

« « « « «

« « « « «

"Come on Niklaus" I walk over to him and shake a glass of burbourn next to Klaus's head letting the ice tinkle against the glass.

He doesn't budge for some reason and I didn't feel like fighting our mother alone while he sleeps. That's just unfair

I can hear the door of the compound open and in walks Davina, Marcellus and Camille  "Why are you here?"

Marcellus walks over with a smug smile "Davina said you need help"

"We need all the help we can get" I look at the voice and see Kol walking down the stairs.

I let out a breath because all I could see were weaklings who wouldn't be any help to me. Minus Davina who could definitely help but I don't want her in my mother's path "No, all of you are killable, we need Klaus"

"Well I'm technically not, I'll just go back to my body"

Kol comes and sits down on the sofa with a look of nonchalance and it annoys me even more "And where is your body? At the bottom of the ocean? In the middle of nowhere?"

Kol looks as if he is thinking and before I could say anything further my phone rings and I take it out "Astrid, it's me, something's wrong, Elijah slaughtered a dozen people, whose only sin was their terrible taste in food, I mean when have you known him to kill when he could otherwise compel? It's the kind of act that will draw our mother's attention"

I watch as Camille starts going towards the dining area and I nod to Marcellus and he goes after her "Mother's mind games must have tortured him more than we thought, I could fix it, Where is he now?"

Rebekah seemed slightly freighten and I didn't blame her out mother was coming for Hope and maybe even Arlo "I broke his neck to keep her safe, but I have no clue what to do next"

I nod gently as I try to listen in on Camille's conversation with Fin as well as listen to Rebekah "Do you recall where we dined the Christmas after we fled Mikael?"

"Of course-"

I am quick interrupt her, time seemed to be running out and I didn't like that "Go there and Nik will meet you there"

I ended the call and looked around at the remaining people in the room "You look stressed sister, that's what happens when you keep secrets gives you wrinkle lines"

I look at him offended that he would even suggest that "I don't have wrinkle lines"

"I think you do"

My eyes snap to Davina and the betrayal is evident on my face and Kol and Davina laugh. It was cut short when Niklaus gasps "Brother welcome back to the land of the living"

Niklaus ignores Kol and looks at me and his eyes narrow "You snapped my neck"

I nod gently ready to take whatever annoyance he was about to throw at me but nothing comes "Yes well you attacked Davina"