1. Beginnings

"And Kaguya-sama wins again!!! This is certainly The Undefeated Empress in the flesh ladies and gentlemen!!!" The announcer said as everyone cheered at the announcement.

"And now, a few words from our goddess. Tell us Kaguya-sama how does it feel winning your 1,000th win?"

"*sigh*... Is this really everything Totsuki has to offer?" I said boredly, running a hand through my hair.

"This is really a let down. *sigh*... Hey old man, can't I just graduate already?!! I don't know why you can't just let me leave already!!" I said, addressing the one and only, Senzaemon Nakiri.

"Hmph. Still rude as ever Kaguya. But you know you have to follow the same plan as everyone. I can't just let you graduate already. Besides, you still have responsibilities as the 1st seat of the Elite 10 seats." He said calmly.

"Ehhh. But it's getting boring, everyone is just so weak, and I can always give the seat to Tsukasa." I said begrudgingly

"*sigh* You really don't know when to give up. Fine, I will let you graduate early if you finish your first year of high school first." He said, knowing that he can't win against me.

"Really!!? Yay!! Then I agree to those terms!!" I said happily.

"Well then spectators you heard already, The battle is over. I hope you had a great time watching this unforgettable battle between our Empress, and the one and only God's Tongue, Erina Nakiri."

"Hmm. Be grateful that we didn't bet anything, God's Tongue." I said mockingly. "Or else you would've lost a big time." I said grinning.

"Hmph. Shut up you low-live. You may think that you are on top of the food chain, but soon I will be looking down on you." She said, denying her loss.

"Hehh. I'll be waiting for your 'big win'." I said, quoting her words mockingly.

"Just you wait." She said flipping her hair and left the stadium with her dog of a secretary. 'I swear if Erina said 'get down dog' that girl would do it willingly.' I thought sweatdropping.

"Well it doesn't matter *yawn* I should go rest and call it a day." I said, talking to myself.

"Well then thank you for coming everyone and good rest of the evening!!" The announcer said and everyone started leaving.

"*sigh* Its been a long battle. I can't wait to get to my dorm and sleep." I said stretching hearing satisfying pops from my back.

I called one of the staff members to prepare a car to take me to my personal building. Yes, you heard right. I have my own building here in Totsuki.

Apart from being the 1st chair of the Elite 10, I am the one and only child and heir to the Yabami family. The Yabami family, a clan that claims 45% of transportation, and trade routes for goods in the whole world. Apart from that they are extremely good at negotiating and at making offers; making them feared in the business world. But unlike them, I decided to take a detour and ended up going to the most prestigious cooking school, Totsuki.

At first my parents weren't that happy, but after learning about how I could make dishes that were sent straight out of heaven, they gave me their absolute support. Therefore making me able to afford more than just a building here in the academy.

As I waited for the car to come I started planning on what I would do when getting home.

'What should I do? I'm so tired, but I want to watch the newest episode of my favorite show, and I also need to take a bath right after I get home. I also need to finish up the paperwork from the council *sigh* I can't seem to catch a break. Why did I join the council? It just takes away my whole time. I should've given the seat to Tsukasa.' I thought to myself sulking for ever getting myself involved with the Elite 10.

"Ma'am your car has arrived." The staff member said, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Huh. Oh thank you for notifying me." I then walked to the car. The driver then opened the door for me to get in.

"Thank you." I said politely. He bowed lightly showing respect. He then closed the door behind me and started driving to my apartment. It was a silent and calm drive back to my dorm.

When we got there the driver then opened the door for me and I thanked him once again and he left. Entering the door of my temporary home I was greeted by one of my most trusted friends and partners, my dog Ares. Ares is my watchdog and bodyguard, but he is one of my most loyal friends. Ares' breed is a pure blood German Shepherd and he's been with me since I was little.

"Ares my baby I missed you so much today!!!" I said cheerily.

"Where's Athena, Apollo, and Artemis?" I asked and he just barked back waiting for me to follow him.

As I followed him around home we finally found the rest of my bodyguard squad. Apollo and Artemis were playing tug-of-war with a toy, and Athena was laying down supervising them so that they don't get hurt. As the three saw me getting close they started running straight at me.

"WOAH WOAH. SLOW DOWN!!!" I said but it was too late.

They ran so fast that they made me tumble down on the hard floor and started licking my face.

"Ow ow ow. Guys I told you to slow down *huff*." Then they started whimpering as if they were apologizing. "Aww, I can't stay mad at you guys" I said.

Athena a Giant Schnauzer. She and Ares are the parents of the group while the twins are the kids. Artemis a Border Collie and Apollo a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Although Artemis and Apollo are not the same breed, they were born on the same day and have been inseparable since then. They are my most precious treasure and I would never change them for anything.