:: 1 ::

[3rd person]
| March 19th, 1979. 12:05 pm.|
The bell rang as kids pushed each other out of the classroom door. Finney looked up at the clock, it read 12:05, it was time for lunch yet it felt as if it had only been seconds since Finney got to school. He decided to think it was because he was tired. He waited for the crowd of other kids to get a bit smaller before getting himself out the door. He didn't feel like eating, especially with the schools disgusting food, so he decided to just wander the halls until the next bell. That's when he stumbled upon Buzz, Matty and Matt. They didn't see Finney, but he didn't want them to either, so he speed walked around the corner, bumping into Robin Arellano.

"Oh! Shit, shit shit! I'm so sorry!!" Finney yelled at he pushed himself away so Robin could get up. "No worries," Robin said. He held out a hand for Finney. Finney took his hand and got up, he dusted himself off and Robin spoke once again. "Not going to lunch?" He asked. "Nope, the food here is gross and either way I don't have anywhere to sit." Finney replied. "Well then, c'mon, you can sit with me and my friends" Robin said, leading Finney to the cafeteria. Finney covered his ears to block out how loud it was. Robin eventually got Finney to the table and sat down. Finney sat and the end of the table, where there was some room. "Who's that?" Vance asked. Vance was the only one at the table Finney recognized, only because of how well he was known. "That's uh, what's your name?" Robin asked. "Oh uh, it's Finney" Finney said awkwardly. "That's Finney" Robin told Vance. "No shit, I heard him." Vance said. Robin rolled his eyes in response. "Don't roll your eyes at me, Dipshit." Vance said, clearly frustrated. "Haré lo que quiera pendejo." Robin said. Vance stood up, he seemed as if he was about to beat the shit out of Robin. Another boy who was sitting next to Vance pulled him back down. "Don't, at least not in front of Griffin." The boy said. "Whatever, Bruce." Vance said. Finney had thought he had met Bruce before, he wasn't sure where though. "Love birds" another boy called out. "Shut it paperboy." Vance said. When he said 'paperboy', Finney knew it was Billy. He didn't know how much he recognized these people until they started being pointed out. "Just stating facts" Billy said teasingly. Vance rolled his eyes. Before anyone had knew it, the bell rang again. "C'mon, Bruce" Vance said, grabbing Bruce's hand. Bruce smiled and followed Vance. Billy waited for Griffin and walked next to him, and Robin waited for Finney.

"So, what class do you have next?" Robin asked. "Math" Finney replied. "Me too" Robin smiled. He basically dragged Finney into the class and pulled him to a desk. "C'mon, you're sitting with me" Robin said while smiling. "Alright!" Finney said. A few minutes later, Mr. Johnson came in and immediately started talking about math. Finney was more focused on class, but heard Robin whining. "This is so annoying" Robin whined. "It's not that bad, JUST- try to pay attention" Finney said. Robin sat up and tried focusing on the teacher, but all he heard was bullshit. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. He knew he needed help understanding, but he didn't want to bother Finney, so instead he just acted as if he knew what he was doing. Eventually, though, the class did end and Robin acted as if he had no issue.

Robin and Finney walked out of the classroom. That was their last class of the day. Finney always kept his bag with him, so his locker was useless to him, but Robin still had to grab his stuff. "I'll catch up to you, alright?" Robin said. "Alright!" Finney said. He again, just wandered the halls while waiting for Robin. He saw Buzz, Matty and Matt again, but this time, they saw him too. After a moment, the three started walking up to Finney. Finney knew that was his que to leave. He basically ran into the bathroom and locked himself in a stall and tried to hide to the best of his ability. After about a minute and a half, they walked into the bathroom. Of course, since Finney was hiding, they didn't know where he was exactly. "Don't be a wuss, Finney." Buzz said. Finney didn't want to make anything worse, so he stepped out of the stall. "What's up, fairy?" Matty said. Finney didn't respond, he just stared at the floor. "We're talking to you, fucker!" Buzz yelled, raising his arm clearly to punch Finney. But almost as if it was rehearsed, Robin walked in, looking for Finney. "What's going on in here?" Robin asked. "We were just- uhm..." Matt said. Robin gave them a death stare. "Leave." He said. The three boys immediately rushed out the door. "You alright, Finn?" Robin asked, checking Finney for any bruises, scratches, ect. "Yeah, I'm alright." Finney said. "Alright then, let's go" Robin said while smiling.

________
I was listening to Big Poppa - The Notorious B.i.g while writing this🤯
(874 words)