Cali Day

Eagle's POV:

     My family and I were having a depressing morning together. It was quiet and we didn't have much to do.

     The ladies (if you wanna include Willie Jack as a lady) were sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast and my dad was doing the dishes while singing the song that was on the radio. I gave Willie Jack a look and she went to go give our dad the little gift we "bought" for mom and dad for their anniversary. It was a reservation for dinner at the casino buffet.

     "Mom! did dad give you your present yet?" Willie asked our mom.

     "Present for what?" She asked back.

     "Your anniversary." I answered.

     "Oh! Is it? I forgot." Mom said but we all know she remembered and that's why she was in a crabby mood, she knew dad had forgotten.

     "Well yeah, falls in the same day every year!" Dad laughed it off. He handed her the reservation card thing.

     "50 bucks." Mom nodded her head and smiled in approval.

     "Yeah... but you're worth it, baby." Dad answered. I laughed and had to leave the room before I started snorting.

     But I know that me and Willie Jack were both a little upset and sour today. It was the day we were leaving. So by the end of the day, we'll be on the road to California. Yeah, so much for an anniversary gift.

     A while later we met up with the other three and were just walking around the rez for a bit until we saw Uncle Brownie riding around on a lawn mower.

     "Uncle?" Elora called.

     "Nephews, nieces, nibblings." He said stopping in front of us. "Want a cruise on the new ride? I just borrowed it from the hardware store. I was looking for an axe but look at that." He said holding his very shaky hand out for us to look at.

     "Oh, detox shakes. Our uncle has those." Willie Jack concluded.

     "Y'know there's meetings for those." Cheese said.

     "Tornado. When my hand quivers like that, there's going to be a tornado." Brownie nodded.

     We all look up at the sky and it looked fine.

     "'Just stopped raining though." Bear told him. "Maybe a light drizzle."

     "Y'all got an axe? I can stop it." Brownie said confidently. "I know a tornado ceremony, just need an axe and some tobacco." Yeahhh.. "'Do it right, i can make the tornado go in another direction.

     "That's not a thing! What're you gonna do, throw an axe at a tornado??" I asked in disbelief.

     "What if you had like a samurai sword?" Cheese asked in awe.

     "We got a sword at home you can borrow." Willie Jack offered.

     "Waste of my time. Lives at stake." Brownie said smugly and rode away on his lawn mower.

     We kept walking until we got to our "secret hideout" as we call it.

     Bear and Elora were talking and seemed so happy that we were going to California but Willie Jack and I had some news.

     "We're not going.." Willie Jack spoke for the both of us.

     "That's not funny." Elora said, sounding scared.

     "Wasn't supposed to be." I mumbled.

     "So what, you two are just gonna stay here?" Elora asked after looking at all of us.