O3. Friends and Pillows

"What's gotten your saggy left sock in a fix, mate?"

"My left sock is perfectly fine, thank you."

After the uneventful tour, Harry found himself face first into his soft pillow. Nevertheless, it did nothing to soothe his mental pain and they way his heart had clenched tightly. The atmosphere at Grimmauld Place was not helping his mood either and with his friends standing by the bedside, it was even worse.

"No, Harry. I insist—" Harry groaned. Leave it to Hermione to force the information out of your throat. "that you tell us what happened between you and Ginny, right now!"

"Judging by the lost look in his eyes, it did not end well," Ron commented, forcing Harry to look at him sharply. "Quick, take that pillow!"

"Accio pillow!"

Harry's pillow zoomed out of his arms and into Hermione's. She threw it on the couch and folded her arms, waiting with little patience for him to speak up. Harry groaned again.

"Would you two leave me alone?"

"No." They answered in unison, each mimicking the other's posture and facial expression that Harry would have found it hard to believe they were not related to each other, yet.

"What do you want?"

Ron rolled his eyes in a very Hermione-ish manner. "To tell us what happened yesterday and why you both are in such foul moods."

For a split moment, Harry wished to record his groan and play it on loop to bug his friends out of his room. Unfortunately for him, Sirius' mother's portrait never allowed the admission of any Muggle instrument, no matter how insignificant it was. She would shout her throat out whenever such items were brought into the property.

Finding that his friends were not going to go away without a satiable explanation, Harry spoke up, this time digging his face into the mattress as a source of comfort. "Er, I sort of broke it all."

"You broke up with her?" Hermione asked, incredulously.

"How can I? I was never dating her in the first place, Hermione!" Harry retorted, his voice mulling over again. "I just told her that she'd be better off with that bloke she's seeing right now instead of waiting on me because I'm never going to be able to keep her safe and out of harm's reach."

Ron's deep sigh filled the silence. "Blimey, Hermione, but you saying I was a wall is a compliment. Harry's a newly formed stone."

"Hey! I'm not a dense person!"

"You're right, Harry. You're not dense." Hermione's statement filled a tiny ray of pride in his heart but it was ephemeral. "You're the literal example of dense. I'm sorry it came out harsh."

Harry stayed still in his place, hoping to not open the bottled anger on them instead. His head started throbbing with all the mood swings he had inflicted upon himself within the matter of few hours.