16

It comes as a surprise to her, she thought she would be making the second move, but here he is.

Bhargavi : Hey back.

Ethan : I was wondering if you are free after school.

Bhargavi : checking on my schedule, are you?

She says a teasing smile on her face. He realizes the blood rush in his face and looks away.

Ethan : I was wondering if you would like to hang out at my place?

Bhargavi : Yeah sure. What time are you leaving?

Ethan : I'll see you at 4.

Bhargavi : sounds good!

They both have reached their classes by now. Akash is already there, grinning at her.

After school, she waits for Harry in the library but finally gives up when he doesn't show up after 15 mins. She is about to leave when she spots him entering the library,

Bhargavi : where have you been?

Harry : whoa, someone is in a hurry.

Bhargavi : and someone wanted to tell you something, but you were late, so bye!!

Harry : and why is someone in a hurry?

Bhargavi : because someone has a date, not a date but, I have to be there on time.

Harry : Okay someone, text me when you get home.

He shouts from behind her, throwing a big thumbs up towards her. She blows him a flying kiss and runs for the door.

It's 3:40 when she gets home, she texts Meera asking her what to wear. She calls her back the very next second.

Meera : Hey, where are you?

Bhargavi : I'm at home and in a towel, please tell me what to wear.

Meera : okay, tell me where are you guys going?

Bhargavi : we are not going anywhere, we're just gonna hang out at his place.

Meera chuckles on the other side,

Meera : you guys are so boring.

Bhargavi : thanks, are you helping me or not?

Meera : wear a cute tee and trousers, and please be careful of the colors.

Bhargavi : ok, thanks!

She is about to hang up when Meera stops her,

Meera : and I want all the details when I get home.

They both giggle and Bhargavi keeps the phone aside to get ready. She chooses a light pink colored tee and black bell-bottom trousers. 'I look like Meera' she thinks. She reaches for her phone to check the time, it's 5 minutes past 4 o'clock. Bhargavi hurries downstairs and even trips once in the living room. She is at Ethan's door in no time, there's no answer to the bell. She sits on the wooden bench in front of the door, expecting him to open the door. No one opens the door, and Bhargavi starts to freak out after a few minutes. She starts sweating thinking about what to do if he doesn't come back. She feels her phone vibrate, it's Meera, she is about to pick it up when she hears a car pull up in the driveway.