Chapter 1

Erik was pulled away from his mother and father at the concentration camp. Erik's fear and pain of being taken caused his mutation to be revealed. Edie saw her son trying to get to her, but the guards were moving them. Edie saw the gate move, but she could not see Erik anymore. Guards grabbed Edie and Jacob, taking them to the lab. Schmidt was waiting in the room for them. Schmidt talked to the scientists as the guards brought them into the lab.

Schmidt looked at the scientist and was about to say something as the door opened.

Here they are, sir. A guard told him.

Schmidt smiled wide as he walked over to them.

Wonderful job, boys. Leave us. He told them as he gave the Lehnsherrs a bone-chilling smile.

Edie looked at Schmidt while Jacob looked at the scientists in the room.

Well, why dont you lay down on this table? The doctors are going to do a few tests.

They do what Schmidt says, and as the doctors work around them, they put needles in both of their arms without telling them what they will be doing, but they know better than to ask questions when Schmidt is in the room.

The doctors and scientists took blood and then put an IV in both arms to make them unconscious.

They work on taking 13 eggs and sperm from the Lehnsherrs. Shaw had seen how powerful Erik was and wanted to make another powerful mutant using them.

The doctors and scientists take out all of the needles that were put into the adult Lehnsherr.

Edie and Jacob wake up and slowly sit up with the help of the doctors.

Edie was brought into a room four hours later, with Shaw holding a gun towards her. He counted to three, then she was dead, and Erik was able to use his powers.

The scientist was making the first mutant when Erik used his powers, and it died. The scientists watched as the sack holding the egg disintegrated. They were afraid of what Shaw would say but did it anyway. Nothing happened to them as they kept on trying.

Two scientists were making a replacement for embryonic fluid for the mutant. They had made the fluid but knew they had to make much more.

"My mutant will be fully grown, which means you three will be making a glass orb for it to grow and for us to watch its growth. You three will tell these two how much of the fluid they need for the mutant. Understand?"

"Yes, sir."

The scientists made the glass orb, but it took them six months. The ones making the fluid took four months longer.

They waited for 17 weeks, then tried again. It lasted for 19 weeks, then died. They tried again after 28 weeks, and one lasted 18 weeks before it died.

They waited 20 weeks till they tried again, and it lasted for 14 weeks before it died. They tried again in 21 weeks, and that one died 12 weeks later.

They tried again in 16 weeks, but this one died in 25 weeks. They tried again in 22 weeks, but this one died in 13 weeks. They tried again in 19 weeks, and this one died in 11 weeks. They tried again in 23 weeks, and this one died in 15 weeks. They tried again in 26 weeks, but this one lasted 24 weeks. They tried again in 21 weeks, but this one died in 16 weeks.

"Why do they keep on dying?"

"We don't know. Each time, the egg disintegrates. But this last time, it separated then disintegrated."

"Did you two mess up the fluid?"

The two scientists shook their heads and grabbed the paper.

"No, we tested different fluids on small parts of human skin. This batch of fluid did nothing to it."

They show him the peace of skin in the fluid.

"You tested it on skin. What about mucus?"

They looked at each other, and that made Shaw mad.

"Test it. I want this solved before you make the last fetal egg."

"Understood."

They tested different liquids with all the different proteins, vitamins, and minerals.

They had found the combination for the fluid they needed, but it had taken them two years. They made the preparations, making sure what they needed for this one work. It took an additional two months before they tried again.

They waited 14 weeks as Shaw wanted to try something but would not tell them what. This one survived for 20 weeks but died. They waited for eight weeks as Shaw added something. And as the weeks went by, it seemed this one would survive.

Shaw was happy that they could keep the mutant from dying so far. If it lived, he would have the most powerful mutant in the world. He would have more power than any human alive. As the months went by, they saw that it was changing, and they gave the child different vitamins and minerals to help the mutant grow and become powerful. The mutant was changing in ways Shaw had not thought would happen. Her skin tone was pink, then it started turning a light shade of red, and it turned dark red as the months went by. They saw the bones moving in her back and watched wings grow between her shoulders. The 40th week of her growth in the incubator has finally hit, and Shaw finally let them take her out. She was lifted out of it and put onto a metal table so they could give her a check-up. Shaw was in awe as she looked magnificent.