Chapter 2

I felt something lift me out of the liquid, and the air felt cold on my wet skin. I was lowered onto a cold, hard surface. Shuffling and whispers could be heard. Something soft and warm touched my arm.

My eyes shoot open, scaring the person checking on me. I sit up and look around the room, seeing that everyone has stopped what they were doing to look at me.

"Get back to work, everyone." A man in a well-tailored suit said.

Next to him was a man with red skin and a tail; they were watching me.

"Look at her, Azazel, already moving. Isn't she perfect?" The man in the suit spoke to his friend.

"She does. Let's see what she can do," Azazel speaks, moving toward me

I snarl, my wings stretching out a bit behind me. Making me look bigger and more threatening.

"Azazel, back off." He speaks with authority, his hand landing on Azazels shoulder.

"I apologize for Azazel; he can get ahead of himself. My name is Shaw." The man says

I nod my head at him, not moving my eyes from Azazel.

"Would you like to know your name?" He asks

I look at him before nodding my head.

"Your name is Abigail," Shaw tells me.

I look at the room one last time before speaking to Shaw.

"Thank you for telling me my name." I tell him in his head.

His eyes widen then a crazy smirk grazes his face.

"You are magnificent. Follow us." Shaw says, turning around with Azazel behind him.

I slid off the table, stumbling a bit, my wing flapping slightly, trying to help steady me. I got my footing and caught up with them, wondering where we were going. My wings fold across my back as we walk down the hall, passing a few windows. He stops in front of a door before opening it and walking in with us, following him.

"This is your room. You have your bed in the left corner and a dresser beside it. Your desk is in the right corner with your books. You will work on your mutation here." Shaw tells me

I walk around my room, looking at what he told me, nodding as I look at the books.

"Azazel will help you with the books," Shaw says as he leaves, shutting the door behind him.

"Alright, sit in your chair. We will start with writing," Azazel says, grabbing things.

"This is paper, and this is a pen. I will show you how to write letters, and you will copy." Azazel put the paper on the table and showed me how to write.

Five hours passed, and I could write and read anything. Azazel was proud of me. He is a good teacher. One of the books was about genes, and the other was about wars.

"Azazel, you are done for today. Go to sleep, Abigail." Shaw says, opening my door. Azazel leaves, and the door closes. I go to my bed and lie down. I close my eyes, thinking about everything that has happened today.

I woke up to Azazel shaking me.

"You need to eat." Azazel hands me food, and I eat it, then drink the water from the glass on my dresser.

"Shaw wants you to practice things that have to do with your wings. Here is a list; try to do some of them." Azazel disappears in a cloud of red. My eyes stared at where Azazel was before looking at the list he gave me.

'Try flying, hovering, not moving anything when flying, hiding your wings.'

I grab books and place them on the floor. Then I grab some paper and put them on the floor. I grabbed clothes, placed them down, and then grabbed pens and placed them on the ground.