chapter 25

Support and confusion

Trigger warning
Mention of abuse and suicide attempt

Ashtons main focus on the way home from the session wasn't the road. It was the defeated looking girl in the corner of his eye. She had stayed quiet ever since the session ended.

Ashton thought treating her to lunch would get the old Lucy back but it didn't.

He sighed loudly before parking his car in front of her house. Ashton wanted to say something to try and make her happier. But he didn't know what to say.

Ashton knew how to make Michael and Luke happy. Pizza made them both happy. Calum and Olivia were rarely sad. But he knew they both loved dogs. Sasha... she never showed emotion so she was another mystery. But now that he knew Lucy's story he started to question all the times she was happy.

"Can you stop doing that Ashton please"

Ashton gave her a confused look.

"What am I doing Lucy?"

"Your fucking staring at me. Can you fucking stop!" She snapped before finally looking at him. He hadn't realised that he had been doing that. But he was worried about her.

"You have been silent since therapy. I'm just worried about you" He answered as Lucy gave him a confused look. She then sighed loudly before trying to sink lower into the car seat.

Lucy knew he had every reason to worry. Ashton had found out her darkest secret but she didn't know how to talk to him anymore. She wasn't ignoring him when ever he spoke. She was preparing herself for the lecture shes been through before with her friends back home. The main difference being it's never coming quick enough for her.

"I'm just... waiting for the lecture"

Ashton just stared at her with a confused look on his face. He didn't understand why she was expecting a lecture. That was until it dawned on him why.

"Oh Lucy" Ashton answered back before pulling her into hug. She slowly accepted it by wrapping her arms around him tightly.

"I would never lecture you" he whispered into her ear as Lucy hugged him tighter. Ashton couldn't see it but she had a small smile on her face. A smile he created.

The sound of something small tapping on the window caught their attention a moment later. They both turned their attention to the passenger side window. A annoyed look on Ashtons face. A confused look on Lucy's face.

"Hi!" The culprit shouted from behind the window. A massive smile on his face. He then waved at the both of them which only annoyed Ashton more.

"Harry! What the fuck are you doing outside?"

Lucy quickly turned to Ashton before smacking the top of his head. She then shot him a glare as he turned his attention to her.

"Don't swear at your brother Ashton"

The chuckle from Harry didn't help calm the annoyed Ashton. But he then took a deep breath before turning back to his brother.

"I'm sorry for swearing Harry. What are you doing outside?" Ashton asked calmly. Harry looked at him confused for a moment.

"Isn't it obvious?"

"No Harry it isn't"

"Well you and Lucy were taking too long to get out of the car so I came to see what's keeping you. You should have told me you two were dating" Harry argued back as Lucy quickly glanced back at Ashton. He had the face she was expecting him to have. Pure confusion.