4

Answer

"I think I got an answer to your question."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

2 Weeks have passed, since Airi had asked her sister for advice, but still the question hasn't been answered. It's the first time Airi started thinking about her feelings. In the past, it was just some kind of »he looks fun, let's give it a shot« and that resolves with Airi breaking their hearts unintentionally. Maybe not really unintentionally, she sometimes did have fun playing with people feelings, but not always.

"Are you still struggling with that stupid question?", Kenji sighed. "It's not a stupid question! It is actually a very good question now that I think of it..", Airi pouted. "Well if you're really dead serious about that question, Sugawara must be special to you in some way, maybe just a little bit but special is special..", Mary smiled "It's not like every guy makes her think that hard..", Kara grinned. The rest of the group nicked approvingly.

"Oh talking about Sugawara, I heard the Volleyball team is getting better this year, they won 2 games in in the tournament already. If y'all are free, we can go watch their 3rd game today. I wanted to check out that setter in the other team anyway.", Mary suggested. "You mean that Oikawa guy?", Kara asked. "Yeah right! Him!", Mary said. "I can come, I don't have practice today.", Kenji said.

Airi of course was joining but Kara and Ritsuki were busy. "Okay, it's just the three of us then.", Mary said. Airi nodded and shortly after, the bell rang and they all went back to their classes.

———

"It's here?", Airi asked as they were standing infront of the Sendai City Gymnasium. "Yup. The game is about to start, lets head inside!", Mary smiled.

They found a seat and say down, whil watching the players warm up. "Are they even good?", Kenji asked pretty unfazed. "From what I've heard, they are getting better since the new first years joined.", Mary explained. "What about Sugawara?", Airi asked full with excitement. "Oh..he is um apparently he's not one of the regular players..", Mary sighed. "He isn't!?", Airis excitement dropped to the bottom.

The game started and all Mary could talk about is the setter from the other team. "He is so good and so handsome!", Mary squeaked for the 7th time during the match.

During the 3rd and last set, you could practically feel the tension everywhere. The whole time, Airis eyes were on Sugawara, she just couldn't concentrate on the game. There was only one thing and one thing only in her head. Sugawara.

The Match ended with Aoba Johsai winning 33 - 31. The three of them stood up and Mary went down to the fields, to ask for Oikawas number, while Airi and Kenji were waiting for her at the exit.

"Sugawara looked so cute. Oh and did you see when he was playing! He looked so good!", Airi said. "You've been talking about him and only him for the past two week. Don't you get tired of that?", Kenji laughed at her. "It's not like you didn't talk about Kara 24/7 before you two got together.", Airi said, rolling her eyes.

"Shut up! But you know what..it's really weird seeing you fangirling over some guy..you don't usually do that.", Kenji brought up. "Yeah I know..it really feels weird..I don't know why I'm doing that tho..", Airi responded sighing. "Maybe you really like him..but it's like a crush like kind of thing..you know what I mean?", Kenji asked. "Yeah I know but I'm not sure..", Airi replied.