I'm proud of you (requested)

Taylor let out a heavy sigh and dried her eyes as she walked out of the room that she'd been in before with her parents and her team.

You lifted your head at the sound and watched as she made her way over to you.

"Hey, baby. How did it go?"

She didn't waste a single second in snuggling up to you, needing the comfort and security that only your embrace brings her.

Today, she was having a very important conversation with her parents and her team about making her political statement.

You know just how much she's dealt with when it comes to not being able to speak out.

People have criticized her endlessly for it, telling her that she needs to use her platform to speak about important issues and causes.

Taylor feels now more than ever that she needs to speak out and she had the discussion with them to make it known that she wants to use her voice for good.

She didn't want you in the room when it all happened because she didn't want you to get caught in the middle of anything if someone said something.

You respected that completely.

You don't know what happened in the room but you can tell she needs comfort now and you're more than happy to give her that.

"Okay, I guess." She replied to your question before closing her eyes as she put her head on your chest. "I'm just tired of not being able to say what I want to say. I told them that. I understand where they're coming from when it comes to keeping me safe and I know that some people might react very negatively. That does worry me, don't get me wrong."

"I know." You whispered.

"But I still need to speak out. I need to make it clear where I stand and what I do and don't stand for. So many people look up to me. I need them to know what side I'm on. I need to be on the right side of history and that's what matters to me."

You brushed your fingers through her hair and kissed her forehead.

"You know that I support you. You have to do what you feel you have to do. I'll be here until you don't want me to be."

"Forever then because that day will never come." She said as she looked into your eyes.

"I'm proud of you, baby. You know that?"

She nodded her head as a warm and bright smile pulled at her lips.

"I'm proud of who you are. People are always going to say things but you have to do what feels right to you. I will always love you, no matter what comes your way. If you lose fans over this, then that's their problem, not yours. You're an amazing human being, Tay. Don't forget that."

She brushed her thumb across your cheek as she gazed into your eyes.

"What did I ever do to deserve you? Because I feel as though I don't."

"Well, you're wrong. Because you do and I love you very much." You smiled.

She leaned in and stole a kiss from your lips.

"I love you too, baby girl."

You grinned and held her tight, so proud of the woman that she is.

And you know that no matter what happens, you will support her endlessly.

Always.