running away to London together (requested)

You finished packing up the last of your most important belongings before zipping up your duffle bag.

You took a look around the bedroom you and Taylor shared in her California home; it looked so empty now that most of it was packed up.

She's still keeping her house here, just as she is with her others, and you're keeping some stuff here but since Taylor wants to disappear for a while, most of your' and her things are packed up in suitcases and duffle bags.

"Hey," She spoke as she entered the room. "Everything's ready, the cats included. Are you?"

Her blue eyes have lost that sparkle a little due to the overwhelming hate online.

But you could see a hint of worry inside them and you know that it's because part of her fears that you might change your mind and decide not to come along.

"I'm ready." You said as you stepped closer to her. "Trust me, baby. I'm with you. I'm going wherever you go. There's nowhere else I want to be."

She smiled before she pulled you into her arms.

"I never thought I'd feel this way." She whispered. "Where I just want to disappear from everything and not let anyone know where I'm going. I love my fans, I love my friends, and I love my life but... it's just so dark, Y/N. It's so hard."

"I know, my love." You whispered as you rubbed her back soothingly. "It's okay to take a step back for a while. Your true fans will still be here waiting and supporting you until you're ready to return. What happened to you is so unfair and every logical and sensible person will see that. I promise, baby. You might feel confused and sad but you're going to be okay again someday and, no matter what happens, I'll be with you every step of the way."

She kissed your neck softly before lifting her head.

She looked so exhausted.

There were dark circles under her eyes from her lack of sleep and her tears that kept falling as everything on social media just seemed to get worse by the second.

She was so drained and, as hard as it was, she needed to step back and let go for a while.

"We'll come back here someday when things are better. Until then, let's escape for a while, okay? Just us." You said and she nodded before kissing your lips softly.

"Just us." She whispered in return and cracked a little smile.

You grabbed the last of the bags before taking a deep breath and heading out of the room.

London is the new place you're going to be calling home for a while.

It's a place where no one expects her to go and you both found the perfect place where you can be safe, warm, and secure from the world and with each other.

"I'll call my parents when we get there and explain everything." You said.

She nodded and blinked away her tears as she took one last look around her home.

She doesn't feel safe here anymore.

She knows this is what's best for her, but that doesn't make it easy.

"It'll be okay." You promised as you squeezed her hand that was wrapped in yours. "I promise."

She took a deep breath before following you out the door.

Turning the key in the lock, she helped you put all the bags into the car and then got in with you; both of you ready to board her plane and get away for a while.

Just the two of you and the cats.

You didn't know what would happen in the future but you knew that no matter what was ahead, you and Taylor would be okay.

Because, even though you'd be far away from the home you're used to, you have each other and that's all you will ever need.