New Year's

"Give the twin a spin, Granger." Winked Fred.

Hermione giggled and twirled in her dress. "D'you think it looks okay?" She asked.

"You look brilliant." Smirked Fred.

She smiled. She was trying on a purple floaty dress for the New Year's party at the burrow.

"And what are you wearing tonight, may I ask?" She asked.

"Nothing but lacy underwear" he winked and bit his lip.

She laughed.

"Seriously, Granger. That's the one." He said.

Hermione liked to have somebody like Fred. They were there for each other, he made her laugh and he was great for advice. He was her best friend. Sometimes, she felt closer to Fred than she did with Ron and Harry.

"You really think so?" She asked.

"I mean shift your hair about a bit and lose the strong aroma of books and nerdiness and you'll be perfect." He teased.

She hugged Fred. "Right I'm getting changed now." She said.

Fred turned away and averted his eyes. She trusted him not to look round at her while she was changing, so she was okay with him being in the same room.

"Right, it's safe." She said. She was changed back into her normal clothes.

"Aw now you look like your boring, plain self." He grinned.

She chucked a pillow at his head.

There was a knock at the door.

"Enter." fred said, looking Hermione .

"If you dare." Finished Hermione.

"Honestly you two." Said Ginny. "We'll be calling you George, Hermione if you guys spend much more time together."

"Hi George Hermione." Smiled Fred, turning to Hermione.

Hermione giggled.

"I got told to tell you to come downstairs and be more social." Huffed Ginny. She went downstairs.

"Honestly how those two have not realised how in love they are is sickening." She said to the others as she got downstairs.

Harry, Ron, Neville, George and Angelina were all sitting at the table at the Weasley's. Molly and Arthur had gone to Charlie's in Romania for new year's, so it was just them.

"Is it time we intervened?" Asked George, mischievously.

"Honestly, I think we should just put ourselves all out of our misery." Said Ginny.

"I'm in if you guys are." Shrugged harry.

"I'm going to talk to her, I physically can't take all the flirting. And I don't even think they realise they're doing it." Said Ginny, shaking her head.

"I'll talk to Fred." Said George.

"We just need to actually separate the two of them." Said Harry.

They all heard Hermione and Fred snickering upstairs. He came running down the stairs giving Hermione a piggyback.

"Fred this is dangerous on so many levels." She squealed.

"Well technically only two." He said. "I won't drop you Granger, you know I won't."

"You'd better not or you'll be in real trouble." She whispered.

"Freddie if I might have a word." Smiled George.