Aim for the MOON

Jenna didn't expect Apollo to come first at the chicken place. He was sitting in a less crowded area of the restaurant. It wasn't crowded at that hour since the place only hit its peak hours when it was late afternoon onwards. 

She apologizes for coming in late but he mentioned he just arrived a couple of minutes ago. 

She wasn't sure how to begin the conversation. At that time she's feeling her forehead sweating and having cold feet. 

They ordered food first before doing the actual talk. Delaying the inevitable didn't help calming her nerves. She unconsciously pressed her legs tight to prevent herself from shaking. She took a deep breath and did a mental pep talk that it's okay to be nervous. She'll be fine. 

After the food arrived, they ate in silence. No one said a word between them. It wasn't the first that she ate alone with Apollo but this day is different. 

This will be the day. They'll do the talk. 

Apollo : I'll be blunt, Jenna. What exactly do you want from me? I know you like me but I don't know to what extent.

Jenna : Na realize ko noong na aksidente ka. I want to live a life with no what ifs. It wouldn't hurt if I made the first move. Yes, gusto kita. I want to see the possibility of us. 

Apollo's face remained neutral and it didn't give out any reaction to her answer.

Apollo : Alam mo rin na hindi lang ikaw ang unang tao na nagsabi na gusto ako tapos marealize na hindi naman ganun kalalim ang nararamdaman para sa akin. How can you be any different to them? I don't want to invest in something fleeting. 

Jenna: I don't hold what the future brings, Apollo. Ang alam ko lang gusto kita. Give me a chance to prove that I'm sincere. 

Apollo: What you're saying is not a guarantee still. Make up your mind, Jenna. If I make my move, how confident are you that you can handle me.

Kung ngayon pa lang you can't answer this. How sure are you things, will remain as they are in the long run?

Jenna: Go on a date with me. Paano natin malalaman kung hindi natin subukan?

She blurted out without thinking. She mentally wanted to hit herself for not thinking this through. Her impulsiveness will cause her trouble.

Apollo: Let's say we go on dates but we don't see ourselves commiting to a relationship? What now?

I think you need to think this over, Jenna. Going on dates is fun and the best way of getting to know someone but when the fun ends are you ready to take the next step? Or you're just in it for the fun? Or you're avoiding the responsibility being committed to someone?

I don't know what's going through your mind so you're the only one that can answer this question. 

Jenna: Do you like me? Or do I even have a chance on you? Don't answer that yet. Before rejecting my confession. Let's go on dates and after that you still didn't feel anything towards me. You can tell me. 

Apollo: Jenna... This isn't about who likes who. Are you really sure about this? That you're not overwhelmed by your emotions and also rushing things. 

Jenna: How can I prove to you that I'm serious about this? I'm willing to do anything just to give me this chance. 

Apollo: Just think this through again okay. 

She wanted to protest and didn't want the conversation to end up like this. It felt like she got dumped even though Apollo didn't say the actual thing.  

She clenched her fist in frustration. She didn't let Apollo notice. She wasn't upset towards him, it's more to herself. This is how it feels when things don't go your way. 

After that talk, he politely left her. 

She sighed and tried hardest not to let her tears fall.