2. Painful Separation

WARNING: Death, few disturbing, sad scenes.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Dawne left Telenos after a month of stay there. Dole and the other children even cried when he left. He got too attached to every one of the people. He truly won their hearts with his spirit and courage. They called him the "Holder of Hathian".

After leaving Telenos, he traveled continuously for eight months straight, stopping occasionally for food and clothing. He was nearly 20 galaxies away from his home, Xan. Dawne loved this new way of living. He loved being on his own, with his own rules, schedules, and plans.

After months of traveling through the cosmos, he decided to stay in the land of the Denoms. Denoms live on the south pole of the planet Jada. Denoms are a small clan of monkeys with outstanding intelligence and their civilization has been in existence for a long time. They have magical galaxy-like eyes. When Dawne came to know about this information at Libion-X95, a planet only for merchandise, he wanted to go to Jada. He got the space route for it from the locals of Libion-X95. He set Nyx onto the route and began his next journey.

"Here we are.", Dawne stood up from his seat and a green and yellow planet with gray rings around it came into view. "Nyx, beware of the rings."

"They are filled with planetary dust, poisonous gases, and small asteroids. May I land on the South Pole?", Nyx asked.

"Enter into the atmosphere and look for biosignatures. I'll decide where you should land.", he commanded. Nyx moved under the massive rings and entered into the atmosphere.

"We are 73.9 kilometers up from the land. The biosignatures are coming from the north, east, and south sides of the planet. Can I turn off the cloak mode?", Nyx asked moving down towards the land.

"Go south and don't take your cloak off, Nyx. And let me know if you sense any Code 19 arms.", he walked to his sleeping pod and took his black leather hood from the draw beside it. He put it on and slipped his foot into his black ankle boots. He was already wearing a thick black button-up undershirt and thick black pants.

Code 19 arms, as per the programming of Nyx, are security drones, missiles, radars, and laser shooters. They can identify Nyx even if she is in cloak mode.

"Going south. No signs of Code 19 arms. Reaching south in 2 minutes, commander.", Nyx responded.

"Good.", he adjusted his belt around his waist and put the hood on.

"Drop me when you hit the location.", he walked to the exit opening and stood on the circular, grey steel door.

"Reaching in three...two...one. Opening the second exit door.", Nyx descended herself close to the ground and opened the exit door. Dawne fell through it and landed steadily on the ground with a thud.

Dawne took the Hem, the Nyx caller, and spoke, holding it close to his mouth, "Nyx, land yourself in the west. Stay in cloak mode. Be ready for my next command."

"Command accepted. Have a good journey, commander.", Nyx's voice came through the slim, cuboid metal stick.

With that, Nyx flew toward the west of Jada. It was nighttime and as far as he could see, it was plains. He started to walk towards the sound of night birds. Within a few minutes, he reached a forest with thin, tall trees. The moon of Jada was big and illuminated the place beautifully.

Dawne was curious and excited to meet the Denoms and learn about them. As he passed through the woods, he reached an angled cliff and his eyes widened at the burning village at a distance from the cliff he was standing. His heart beat faster at the disturbing scene. He immediately slid off the slanted cliff. It wasn't a rough ride as it was fully covered with plain grass. He could smell the burning smell in the air. He reached the ground and immediately took off towards the village that was burning.