Chapter 2

They were talking and I was just listening, I would give my input whenever it needed.

Some seemed nice and friendly whereas some seemed they won't mind giving me some hard time. Or actually they will love it.

I was just gonna leave as it's already 10 minuites I was here and I had to talk to Mr Mannuel and find my one person, when, "Tell us about you Celeste." came from Xypher.

Well, there not much to tell I guess from my side. Damn, there is. Atleast from others point of view..

Hello everyone, this is Celeste Macmillion, daughter of Aniket Macmillion who is one of the biggest entrepreneur/businessman.

My dad was self made and he thrived in business. We have made an entire market for ourselves which includes our close friends and brothers. We all, together, in different business, made our own market.

My mom is one of the sweetest yet not so sweet person. She's strict but loving. She's not the type which will go along the way - for example I want her to go. She's in for painting and books which I inherited from her. She's Anita Aniket Macmillion.

Were the family of four - dad, mom, me and my younger brother John. John is 4 years younger than me. I love him so much. He's my baby brother. Always.

I'm earning pretty much nice for someone who at first year of working. Well, I'm talking in near lakhs to million. Not million but near it. I don't want to join in millions club just now. Officially. Unofficially, I've millions.

Yea, so I'm a millionaire, have two business, own quite number of houses and penthouses in city and nearby and in other countries. Have quite number of friends even in the city, some from childhood, some from teens and some of works. Huh ! Quite a life I've which I don't just want to share so think I'll just say ...

"Nothing much to tell. I came from India thinking this collage is nice for this course so." I replied to Xypher's earlier question.

Just as Nic was going to say something, a squeal broke and arms came around me locking me tight from behind.

I turned around and saw the person. I smiled big. Well, it happens to be the person I was waiting for to show. Alice Macmillan. My best friend's sister as well as mines.

"Finaalllyyyy , oh my god. I'm so happy you're here. Happy to be around someone from back home." She said with her famous big infectious smile.

She's the baby of family. All bright and smiles. She's loved by her brothers the most and also mostly spoiled by parents. She's sunshine.

"Finally I see someone I know. Good to meet you too Alice" I replied her back with front hug and big smile.

We pulled apart but still had arms around each other and she finally noticed others.

"Oh well, seems you've make new friends Cel. Good you met them already coz they were the group of friends I was talking about." Alice said.

Oh damn. Same friends. I'm gonna meet them so much. I can tell from now.

"Is she the cousin you were talking about ?" One of the nice one, probably Stanley asked.

"Yeaah. She's new so guys be good and try to be better friends. She's quite of an introvert and alone person but if you are able to get her warm, you can be great friends with her." Alice tells them.

I see Nicholas's eye twitch with gleam and a knowing smirk forming on his face which he was hiding nicely I'll say but I can see through him. What could that mean ?

They talked. I was listening. Alice knew me and thus tried to include me in conversation. Tried. I'ld just say a sentence or two in between and mostly listen. Some of them were really nice while some gave me bitchy feeling. Nic, I don't know about him. He's giving me close friends vibe though I doubt how can it be. I literally just met him few minutes ago.

She suddenly asked, "Have you met Mr Mannuel ? Classs is gonna start in 20 minuites. "

Nope I replied. She said she will take me there and we bid  the so called group of friends of mine bye after telling them to meet soon while I have them fake smile and got on the way to meet Mr Mannuel.

On the way, she told me,"I know you're not much fan of them but it's just because you don't know them much. Once you know them and they know you better, you'll be better with them. Trust me."

I guess I'll have to wait on future to see thier true colours.

Alice was standing outside while I got inside Mr Mannuel's office.

Mr Mannuel was an old man, with grey hairs that shows the year of wisdom he had. Though he seems like he's 45, I can bet safely he's more old.
His office was simple and cozy. Not much interior and yet classic.

He knew who I was so he greeted me respectfully and told me to sit in the desk in front of him. We talked about college, timetables, classes and other things.

When we were getting finished, I asked my request,"Mr Mannuel, I have a small request. I don't want others to know about my family or background much. I just want to be treated as a general student who is attending classes. I don't want special princess treatment as I'm who I'm. I know they will know soon enough but for now, I'll just like to keep it like that. Please, I hope you can understand and keep it like this."

Mr Mannuel saw me for solid one minute and then smiled." The teaching staff just knows that a rich kid was gonna come. They don't know name or anything, though the administrative people know, I can tell them not to talk on it. Don't worry. You're secret is safe with us. "

A heavy weight crushed down my chest. I breathed freely.
I know it's gonna come out soon enough but I don't want it to be just now.

I smiled and said my thank you genuinely.

He gave me a bright smile and said playfully, " You don't wanna be late in your first lecture itself. I'll feel bad as it's of mine dear. I dint like my students late. You better get to you class before me. Is Ms Macmillan with you or should I give you directions to the classroom ?"

I smiled and said," No sir, I've Alice with me. I'll reach. Thank you once again."

I left the room and came out. Alice was waiting for me outside. We started walking towards class while I told her what we talked.

We reached class. It was huge. It had to have approximately 60 seating. Huge blackboard as well as whiteboard. A desk before board.

We both settled in bench in few first rows while Alice chatted with some people every now and then. She introduced me to some people even and I liked most of them. Looks like there are good people around here. Not all sulky and bitchy but they definitely had quite of a population.

Let's wait and see what future holds for me.

_____

Do comment and vote. Feel free to share your thoughts.