Chapter 22

The mojito arrived swiftly along with a free shot to my glee. I downed it instantly. 

"Slow it down, Hakimi. I don't want to be driving a paraplegic back to the hotel." Charles grimaced at me across the table.  

"Just because I'm faster than you on track doesn't mean I'll go slow off track." I retorted, taking a large sip of my cocktail and I heard George slightly snort with laughter. Charles rolled his eyes and turned to talk to Pierre who sat on the other side of him. 

"He's driving you home?!" Lando enquired. George 'ooohed' me until I gave him another deathly stare. 

"He's trying to prove he's actually a gentleman." I explained. "I don't think he has it in him, but we'll see."

"I really ship it." George repeated with a chuckle. "Chedom! Or Lekim-"

"Zip it George, or I'm running away with Carmen and you're not getting her back."

"Okay, okay sorry." George slumped back into his chair. "I think Lekimi is better though." I gave him a small slap on his shoulder. 

A waitress came over and took our food orders, and I ordered another drink - this time a Sex on The Beach. After she took our orders, she awkwardly hung around; she clearly knew who we were. I was unfortunately corrected when she eventually piped up due to the grid awkwardly waiting for her to say whatever it was she clearly wanted to. 

"Are you Charles Leclerc?" She gushed to Charles. Ok. So maybe she didn't know us all. I looked at Charles, who looked slightly embarrassed she had singled him out. 

"Yep, that's me." He said and gave her the closed mouth smile he gave to his fans. The waitress looked like she might faint. 

"I'm a big fan!" she said, blushing violently. 

"Do you not know us?!" Yuki couldn't hold himself back and I chuckled. The waitress looked confused. 

"Ummm no, sorry." She said.

"Clearly not that big of a fan then," he muttered and I nearly spat out the bit of cocktail I had just sipped. God, I love Yuki. Charles didn't say anything, but I could feel how uncomfy he was and I revelled in it. The waitress finally understood she had outstayed her welcome and left and a few of the guys burst out laughing. 

"Don't even guys." Charles said with a straight face. Most won't back to their previous conversations. 

"Are you Charles Leclerc" Pierre put on a high-pitched voice. "Hey, pretty boy." 

"I swear to God Pierre, you keep that up and i'm spilling some your secrets." Pierre piped down pretty quick after that. 

"Oh I want to hear these secrets!" Lando demanded. Charles pretended to zip his lips. "Awww come on."

"I'm a man of my word. I don't break promises." Charles looked me in the eyes. His eyes were so gorgeous. I hadn't seen him properly out of the paddock and I couldn't help but study his well-kept face. I hated to admit it but he was gorgeous. His slight stubble further defined his sharp jawline, his lips a light red, his nose an attractive shape. His eyebrows also looked well shaped and I wondered if he got them done. Charles raised his eyebrows at me after a few seconds of me studying and I turned to George. 

George, Lando and I chatted together until the food arrived. We had ordered lots of sharing platters. The idea was that you picked and chose what you wanted from the middle. I wasn't super fussy in the slightest but, like Lando, I couldn't stand seafood and a big chunk of the selection contained as such. We both groaned and the seafood platters were moved to other parts of the long table.