Chapter 23

Charles's POV

"I'm locked out of my room."

My door was already halfway open, but I turned to look at Edom. She was fumbling through her bag still, looking panicked - shit, she wasn't joking. 

"Charles, what do i do." She looked up at me, her gorgeous eyes making direct contact with mine and I had to look away. 

"Go to the desk, I don't know?" I suggested - I had no idea myself. 

"There's no one at the desk." She said. 

"Don't be stupid, of course there is - we are in a hotel." 

"Well when we walked in, there was no one there but security guards. This hotel doesn't accept customers between night hours, so no one will be here. If you want to go down and see if the security guard can help, then be my guest." 

"It's your problem, not mine," I rolled my eyes. "I was smart enough to keep my card on me, so if you want to keep being rude to me, then be my guest," I mocked her previous phrase, "But I'll be going to bed now." I turned to go in my room 

"No, ok, I'm sorry, I'm just panicking a bit. I'm sorry Charles," The way she said my name stopped me in my tracks alone, and I turned back to her. I stood in thought for a minute. 

"Look." I came to a conclusion. "How about you sleep in my room tonight and in the morning we get you a new key card?" She raised her eyebrows at me. I wanted her to say no, because if she said yes I wasn't sure what I might do or feel. But I also wanted her to say yes.

"I don't have any of my stuff though..."

"You can wear one of my T-shirts or something I guess." I sighed. "I'll sleep on the floor." I started walking into my room and Edom hesitantly followed behind me.

"No. I'll sleep on the floor," Edom said as she followed me in. "I'm the one whose fucked up, so I'll take the consequences."

"It's ok Edom, I don't mind." I urged.

"No. I can't allow you to be kind enough to let me in your room and then sleep on the floor!" Edom insisted. Only we could manage to argue about something like who wants to sleep on the floor. I was tired so just nodded my head and said Ok. I went into my wardrobe and found one of my tops. It was black with a ferrari graphic design. I'd had it for years and normally wore it on lazy mornings or when travelling. I chucked it at her

"Wear this."

"Thank you Charles" She said my name again and suddenly I wished she hadn't come into my room so that I wouldn't be feeling like this right now. She went into the bathroom, and i heard her washing her face and changing. I changed into my pyjamas, which were only bottoms. I now regretted not packing a top to sleep in, but I hadn't planned on Hakimi joining me one night. 

Whilst Edom got unready, I made a bed on the floor. The floor was hard wood, so I lay a blanket down that was on a small armchair across the room and used the pillow on it. 

When Edom came out, I showed her my little creation, she looked very unimpressed but thanked me anyway. 

"Thank you Charles," She said softly and I felt my legs weaken slightly. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. And to get away from Edom. 

Edom's POV

As I changed into the shirt Charles gave me, I noticed how it smelt like him. I couldn't complain, the rustic scent was good. Really good actually.