Fifth Gym Confusion.

"What do you mean we can only fight half the gym?"

Elaine, who was apparently one of the gym leaders of the 5th location, was giving them the problem.

"Chase is the second half. You have to fight both of us to win."

"That's absurd."

"No it's not. Hoenn has a similar gym. The only difference is that their gym leaders are Psychic Twins. There's also a gym down in Unova with three gym leaders, but you only have to fight one. They're mean though since they make you fight a particular one." Elaine paused. "I can fight you now. But you can't do the full challenge without fighting Chase." Misty went to argue, but Erika smiled.

"Actually, Misty would appreciate that. She'll be inside in just a second." Elaine nodded before going in. Misty frowned before Erika looked at her. "The rumors are that this is an Electric Gym. Do you really want to fight a 2-v-1 against Electric?" Misty paused before smiling.

"Thanks Erika. I can't fall yet."

~

Chase came later. And when we mean later, it was a full day later. He also didn't look good when he slipped into the gym. Elaine was in a panic, but Chase basically took the challengers despite his condition. Erika managed to slide in last in order to handle him correctly. She actually led with Vileplume, taking out the Electric Types quickly instead of wasting time. Upon victory (Chase looked extremely pale), she had her Bulbasaur in her hands so that she could knock him out with a Sleep Powder. Brock helped get him to a bed where Elaine thanked them. Misty smiled as they got to the center to heal their Pokemon.

"Nicely done."

"Someone had to."