Chapter Three - NO

Chapter Three - NO 

Throughout the rest of his shift, there was a silver of a chance that Oliver thought he wouldn't be seeing Theodore after his shift. It was a small chance, however. Mostly because there was a zero percent chance of seeing Theodore again for a third time in one week, and why would he bother waiting to see him?

But the definite reason was because there was no way Theodore needed to talk to Oliver that badly that he would want to do it in the parking lot.

And Oliver couldn't picture the reason why they needed to talk in the first place. Was it nice that Theodore wanted to help him out? Absolutely. But nothing from the reunion could have warranted a conversation, and Oliver honestly thought about leaving through another exit, just so he could avoid possible seeing him. Also, curiosity was killing him, so he ended up walking out the front.

Oliver barely made it to the parking lot before he noticed Theodore. And once he did notice him, he almost scared himself at the sight of Theodore standing under a huge overhead light.

He damped a hand over his chest when he saw him. "God, you scared me. Why are you standing over there?"

"I told you I would wait." He began walking over to him.

"Sure." Oliver nodded. "But did you really have to scare me?"

Theodore thought over the question, tilting his head before answering. "No, but at the same time, I don't hate the effect it had on you."

Oliver ignored the statement, taking the time to wrap his jacket further around himself. Weather had been getting colder lately and standing outside in the parking lot with the wind starting to pick up around them, made Oliver regret this in the first place.

"What did you want to talk about?"

Theodore sighed, looking down at his shoes before glancing back up. Regret lingered in his eyes. "I need a favor."

"Favor?" Oliver asked. "You need a favor from me?"

"Do you see anyone else standing around us?" He bluntly said. "Remember at the reunion, you said you owed me one?"

Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that would bite him in the ass. If only he had said thank you. And truthfully, he didn't really think Theodore was listening to him or would even remember him saying that.

"Vaguely," he mumbled.

"Well, I need to call it in."

"No." He said.

"I need you to be my date to my cousin's wedding."

"No."

"What do you mean, no?" Theodore sneered. "I helped you at the reunion by being your fake boyfriend, and now you won't do the same for me at my cousin's wedding?"

"I never asked you to help me." Oliver leaned in. "You did that all on your own."

"And you said you owed me one." Theodore argued back.

"I didn't think we were talking literally." Oliver sighed, raising his arms.

In the background, he heard what he could only think of was a bus, and somehow, he knew he had missed the last bus for the night.

"Oliver,"

"No." He firmly said. "I said no, and I meant it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to see if I can find another ride home or I have to walk."

The statement caused Theodore to look uneasy, which confused Oliver even more than the conversation they were having. "Do you need a ride?"

"From you?" He shook his head. "No, I think I'm good."