Chapter 7

Rogercop

Today we're having the classic show and tell, except it's your parents. I was excluded for obvious reasons. 

So now i have to sit through this entire class, listening to a bunch of parents explain their lives like we care. "Maybe i'm being salty" , "Besides i should show some interest in my best-friends life" i think as Tom and Sabine, Mari's parents, step up to present themselves.

Tom starts his speech, "My day begins at 4 a.m. every morning because the bakery opens at 7. You think that the life of a baker is pretty routine, making the same pastries, rolls, cakes... but actually, it's different everyday. One day someone might order a cake in the shape of the Eiffel Tower, and another day you might be asked for simple Crème Brûlée." 

"Mmmm Crème Brûlée...." i start to drool as i fantasize about all kinds of desserts, "Guess i'm stalking Mari home today" and i seriously mean that.

"Marinette will come around and pass out some croissants baked fresh this morning." Tom finishes. That gets everyones attention real quick.

 My stomach growls hungrily as i wait for my turn, it's been awhile since i had any good food don't judge okay!?! 

I don't notice when Ms. Bustier introduces Alya's mom, my mind being preoccupied with the croissants closing in. Marinette flashes a smile as she approaches me, "Here i saved this special one for you" she says with a wink. 

I almost blind Mari with how bright i smiled, i waste no time in snatching the croissant from the tray. Marinette smiles with closed eyes. 

Once i start chewing on the treat Marinette heads back to her seat with a soft smile, well until Chloe speaks up about some shiny bracelet her daddy bought, "I wonder how many croissants your dad would have to sell to buy you one of these? What am I saying? He'd have to sell the whole store!" 

Without skipping a beat i speak up, "Mhmm, all that money and you still couldn't pay us to care" Chloe gasps in shock while the others giggle to themselves. 

Her face turns red in anger as she puts the bracelet back into her bag. I just pretend to look away, acting nonchalant. But i catch Marinette's thankful look just in time as i throw a wink back at her. 

Unfortunately while Marinette was distracted she tripped over Chloe's bag, giving her room to bash Mari, "Geez, is there a day when you're not tripping over something?" she scoffs. 

Before i can retort Ms Bustier interrupts, "Alright settle down class, next on the list is Sabrina's father, a policeman. Officer Roger!" Chloe and i glare daggers at each other, "she's lucky she can't read my mind right now" i think bitterly until we focus back in on the parents.

"I've been a police officer for 15 years, and I firmly believe that every citizen is innocent until proven guilty." Roger declares. Basic much. 

As if to challenge him Chloe yells out, "My bracelet! It's gone! I had it a second ago."Chloe looks around frantically before pointing an accusatory finger at Mari, "You! You took it!" Marinette denies in confusion.

"You purposely tripped on my bag so you could steal my bracelet!" accuses Chloe, she points her finger at Roger, "You're a cop, arrest her!" 

It's like listening to a baby throw a tantrum, actually that's an insult to babies. "My daughter is not a thief!" Defends Tom. 

"Hold on a minute, Miss Bourgeois, we don't accuse without proof! Now, everyone, calm down, please. Maybe you simply misplaced your bracelet." Roger says, but Chloe isn't having any of it as she screams at her dad.