Chapter 21

Syren

"Nadja Chamack, live above Paris. Escaped animals are invading the city! But Paris heroes are on the case! Along with their new friend Rena Rouge!" she narrates as the camera pans to the band of heroes running across buildings.

I pant as i run in between the fellow heroes, sweat trickling down my face on this particularly hot day. 

My troubles not going unnoticed.

"I hope you aren't getting slow on us brownie!?" exclaims Ladybug, who runs just slightly ahead of me.

An excited grin replaces my concentrated frown.

"Never!" i call out eagerly, more than happy to be back out with the two of them.

Three in this case, i guess.

"Don't think you can replace me that easily!" i continue, eyeing the new fox themed hero running beside me.

Rena just smirks back at me, already fully aware of what my playful banter looks like.

"Replace you? Darling, I couldn't if I tried," Rena Rouge replies, her tone lighthearted as she matches your grin.

I smile brightly at her words.

"I definitely don't mind the new girl." i reply in admiration.

As Ladybug comes to a stop at the edge of the roof. I find myself carried away by my excitement, unable to stop my momentum. 

Just before I slide over the edge, Ladybug swiftly catches my arm, effortlessly spinning me back onto the roof and steadying me with her arm around my hips.

Stunned by the sudden rescue, I stand frozen in confusion until Ladybug breaks the tension with a smirk.

"Heh, replace you? Please, Brownie, you're irreplaceable," she says, her smirk widening as she winks at me. 

Her other hand coming up to softly trace my jawline.

Rena Rouge and Cat Noir step up beside me.

"But hey, a little healthy competition keeps things interesting, doesn't it?" she finishes before shoving me into Cat Noir.

He grunts as he struggles to regain his balance from the unexpected attack.

Rena giggles at the scene, definitely enjoying seeing this other side to the famous heroes.

Ladybug gracefully moves on to her next task, acting like she didn't just make my heart explode, leaping down to help evacuate nearby civilians.

I can't help but watch her intently, still reeling from the unexpected moment.

"Girl, close your mouth," Rena teases, playfully nudging me and drawing my attention away from Ladybug as she closes my mouth for me.

-----------------------------------------

"Come on, guys, you wouldn't eat one of your cousins, would ya?" nervously jokes Cat Noir.

His feet barely keeping him ahead of the hungry pair of black panthers.

Rena Rouge leaps from rooftop to rooftop, following the distressed kitty before playing her flute.

"Mirage!" she calls out, summoning a ball of energy that materializes into a sizable slab of raw meat right in front of Cat Noir.

Cat Noir chuckles.

"How about some tasty chops, instead?"  he says before springing into action, ejecting his staff and vaulting his way to the nearest rooftop.