The trial

This starts after "the purple wedding" chapter in the original book!!

It had now been several weeks since Joffrey's death, tommen had been crowned king and Tywin was busy with the trial, but also with Alyssa's pregnancy.
The child already meant the world to him, making sure that alyssa was comfortable at all times, that she ate enough and was overall healthy, he wanted to be a good father for once, and he would do anything for his child.

The trial stretched over several months and Alyssa's stomach grew more each day. She was happy, Tywin was happy, everything was great.

But she wished her family was with her. Since Sansa and Margaery left Alyssa had been left alone in kingslanding, mostly staying in the library when Tywin couldn't be with her due to the trial, or she watched it, sitting with the other lords and ladies, not because she thought it was interesting, but it was the closest she could be to Tywin, and she craved his attention and presence more than anything while being pregnant.

Oberyn had stayed in the city longer due to the trial and tried to talk to Alyssa since that day before Joffrey's wedding, but Alyssa was still mad, he brought up memories she didn't wish to remember.

It was another day where Tywin spent the whole day at court, unable to be with Alyssa so she decided to read a book in the gardens, for as long as summer was still there.
She didn't realise oberyn coming up to her until he sat down beside her.
"Shouldn't you be at the trial?" Alyssa asked, not looking up from her book.
"I got bored."
"So you think watching me read is more interesting?" She looked up at him.
"I wanted to talk to you."
"I know, you've tried pretty often, but like i told you before, I'm not interested in talking to you right now oberyn. You hurt me back then, you didn't need to make me remember the pain and misery i went through back then."
"I'm sorry al, you know that! I've told you a million times how sorry i am why can't you forgive me?"
"I have forgiven you oberyn, but that doesn't mean that i forgot it, the north remembers, and i AM the North, i am the lady of winterfell, the wolfs daughter, and you can apologize to me as much as you want, it will never change the way you hurt me." She got up, not wishing to continue the conversation, but when she tried to leave, oberyn grabbed her wrist.
"Please ally, everything can be like back then again, don't you remember the love between us?"
"Are you bored of elaria? Or what is it? I loved you oberyn, more than anything, but I don't do so anymore."
"But you can, why love Tywin? He's old, what can he possibly offer you that I can't?"
"Actual love, kindness, he's sweet, genuine, overall everything you weren't."
"Come on ally, you're just imagining that, everyone knows how the old lion really is, cold, heartless, unable to love." He went closer to her, putting one of his hands on her hips.
"And not a good father." His hand went to her swollen belly.
"Get your hands off my wife." None of them had noticed Tywin approaching them, standing behind oberyn, who immediately backed off.
"Are you okay my love?" Tywin asked, looking at Alyssa.
She nodded, "i am, why are you here? What about the trial?"
"Oberyn wasn't there so i sent a guard out to find him, when he reported that he got too close to you, i needed to handle that myself." He said, putting his hands on her hips. "No one touches what's mine."
Alyssa smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling his head down to capture his lips in a passionate kiss.
She looked over at oberyn again, "you're wrong, with what you said, my husband is not heartless, and not cold, and he is definitely able to love, there's just not many people in the world who deserve that kind of treatment from him, Especially not those who touch what's his."
"Are you enjoying this? Being the old lion's little wife? His pet." Oberyn asked, looking at the two.
"A wolf will never be a pet." Tywin answered.
"But yes, I enjoy this." Alyssa added, answering Oberyn's question.
Oberyn just rolled his eyes, annoyed and went back to the keep.
"I guess you have to leave again." Alyssa said, looking up at her husband.
"I'm afraid so my love, don't worry, we'll be done with it soon." He smiled at her before leaving again.