Different

The royal knights of Roan Kingdom immediately bowed their heads to their one and only crown prince, Alberu Crossman. Despite their professionalism, Alberu could feel a few sets of eyes, boring hole towards the back of his head.

It didn't even take a detective to see that the knights were doubtful of Alberu's plans. Even past Alberu would doubt his current self for going through with this absolute nutcase of a plan. Believing the words of a heretic priestess? Were written all over his knights' face. Believe him, Alberu deep down wanted to agree. But his Kingdom's safety is at risk. Even if it's indeed a small territory, it is a part of the Roan Kingdom.

The nobles could call Alberu shrewd and scheming however they want. But Alberu swore to protect his Kingdom. All he's ever done is to protect it. Even if it means by using methods that are less conventional, or even illegal for that matter. The crown prince decided to take the leap of faith into this crazy priestess' plan, and he was ready to commit in making it come to fruition.

Judging by Choi Han and his group's faces, they all had the same thought lingering in their minds. It's worth trying. Alberu thought. Even if the plan failed or it was found out that the priestess actually lied to him, then Alberu could die in peace, knowing that he died trying. He could die proud as the leader of one Raon Kingdom, which was plain in every aspect but rich in history.

Alberu could no longer keep up with his own thoughts as he noticed excommunicated priestess Cage stepping forward. In her hand was a strange book, glowing dark purple in colour. The aura surrounding the book almost felt violent, though Alberu could not sense any intention to harm.

Cage noticed Alberu's enquiring glances towards the book held tightly in her hands. With a calm smile, she held the book out towards Alberu and his companions for a better look. Choi Han, Lock, and Rosalyn, whom were the curious of the bunch leaned forward to inspect for any titles or credits towards the author, only to find none.

"This book seems a bit weird..."

Choi Han voiced his thoughts aloud. He was looking as if almost ashamed of his words, worried that Cage might take offense towards it. As Alberu flicked a hurried gaze towards the excommunicated priestess, he was relieved to see Cage not minding the Swordmaster's words in the slightest. In fact, she even seemed to brightened even more at Choi Han's admission.

"That's right. It is not a book at all, Hero Choi Han. In fact, this is a divine item which belongs to the God of Death in the form of a book. It's merely a disguise for the human eye. But there is a legitimate title for this divine item. Only I, the person whom that bastard favors, can read it. Even other priests or priestesses of the same temple can't."

For all the griping priestess Cage had towards the God of Death, she sure seemed happy to be the only one with the ability to read it. Alberu was starting to think that she and the God of Death has a love-hate relationship. Though priestess Cage would probably dig her own grave first rather than admit to such 'bizarre' accusations. Or maybe not since suicide is the fastest way to meet God of Death? Cage would be more likely to prolong her life as much as possible in order to avoid meeting the God of Death out of pure spite.

"So, priestess Cage. What does the title say?" Rosalyn probed for more answers. Alberu guessed that Rosalyn would be the one to speak up next. She's a curious one, that Rosalyn. She likes to learn as a mage, but she also likes to learn of various knowledges anf facts, in general. Anything that interests Rosalyn deserves to be dissected and ripped apart piece by piece for her viewing. Alberu only hopes that he wouldn't be the target of her curiousity if she ever figures out that he is a quarter dark elf.

Cage's smile couldn't possibly get any wider at Rosalyn's question. Alberu has a bad feeling about this. He subtly shifted on his feet in anxiety.

"How to kill death."