eight

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

after taking Lucy off the IV drip, dr. shepherd spoke of Lucy's injuries after being assigned her case right after she had met her in the hallway.

lucy admired her appearance and thought she was very pretty with her glossy blue eyes and long dark brown hair.

stella listened to her, looking relaxed to others, but Lucy could tell that she was very uneasy and didn't want to discuss Lucy with anyone who wasn't family.

she liked control over her niece. when she was living with her and her family, it was a dread having Lucy go out, she was always possessive of her. She loved control, and it drove Lucy to insanity.

"so we'd have to keep you in hospital for a few more days until you're fully recovered" Dr. Shepherd informed, "Okay, so I'll be back soon," she said with a small smile before walking out, leaving the family.

"what game are you playing at, seriously?" Stella sternly said as she looked Lucy dead in the face.

"game? I'm not playing any games, Stella" lucy said, shrugging off Stella's words.

stella chuckled, "you must think I'm deranged or something" she said seriously.

"you are deranged," Lucy said with snark and no hesitation.

stella got off her seat rapidly but was stopped by Nick.

"right, enough. let's just go get a coffee, honey" Nick suggested, lightly pushing her out the door.

"see you later, you stupid cow," lucy said before throwing an empty Coca-Cola bottle at the now-closed door.

the pair left, leaving Robbie and lucy on their own.

lucy got up after noticing the bag of belongings they brought for her.

she started going through the stuff, basically trying to make it look like she was doing something so Robbie wouldn't talk to her.

the bag was her old bag she used to go play football with her friends, or soccer as her friends would call it.

there were her shin pads and tangled extra laces in it. it vividly reminded her of the fun times she and her friends would have before her life went to shit. 

she hadn't thought of football in a while, but those items brought back some memories which was a nice moment for her, but it also reminded her that she'll probably never have those moments back.