Mine Again

BILLIE'S PERSPECTIVE

I'm going to Jesse's Mixtape Release party tonight. I was lucky enough to be invited. We're great friends, but sometimes, it can get a little awkward.

Honestly, I was the one who broke up with him. We were getting too much hate, and I didn't want my fans to get to him, so I kind of had to do it. I loved him so much, I broke up with him just to prevent him from getting hurt. I'm just pretending that I don't like him anymore.

I put on my silver tooth grills, my dad glasses, and my hoodie jacket. I want to dress like a boy to show him I'm not attracted to him anymore. Yeah, right. He's probably tired of me, lol.

I cried in my bathroom for 10 minutes because of my over thinking. I feel so annoying to him.

I texted him, "Jesse, I'm not gonna go to your mixtape release party anymore, sorry. I just have to do some things today.". I was shaking as I clicked the send button. I was lying. I didn't have shit to do today. "What? Are you sure? Come on Billiee :((", I received his reply immediately. Does he really want me to go? Or is he just acting nice?
"I'm really sorry, Jesse, it's really important :(( but it would probably be a blast there if I'm not there.", I sent.
"Shut the fuck uupp!! Please come I'm on my kneess 😭 I'm serious I need you heree", He pleaded. I finally gave in, and sent him, "Okay, I admit. I don't got shit to do today. I js feel like u dont want me there n ur just being nice. You don't have to be nice, i can stay here, its fine. Im great here at home.". "YESS, okay good. Since you arent doing anything, i am going to drive all the way there and pick your stupid ass up and u cant do anything about it.", He replied. I giggled and wiped away my tears, "okay. I believe you now, maybe you do want me there.".

I got myself ready. As soon as I heard a familiar "beep beep", I ran straight out the house to Jesse's car.

I got in, and saw my handsome boy. "You didn't have to pick me up, Jesse 😭", I told him. "Shut up, Billie, get in!", He laughed. I laughed along, and got in the passenger seat. Reminds of the good times when he was still mine.

JESSE'S PERSPECTIVE

Billie sat down the passenger seat, and it made me remember the memories I can never bring back. I do have a little bit of hope, though. I was gonna place my hand on her thigh, but then I remember, she's not my babygirl anymore. I pretended I was just stretching, to not make it look obvious I was craving her.

I put on our favorite song when we were together to escape the awkwardness. "Hey! That's our song!", She laughed. I laughed, and I looked in her blue ocean orbs. I noticed it was watery, and her nose was red. She was just crying in her house before I picked her up. I asked her while driving, "Are you okay, Princ- Billie?". "Oh, um... Yeah... Why'd you ask?", She answered. I know her well, she's not telling the truth. "Billie, don't lie to me.", I said. "What? I'm not lying! I'm fine, dude!", She said with that fake ass smile. We reached a red light, and I grabbed her face, to look at mine. "Billie, you need to tell me. I'm your boyfr- Best friend.", I said. "It's just... I just accidentally pinched myself through the bathroom door.", She lied, Again. It was so obvious, there was a single tear running down her cheek. I put my hand on her cheek, and wiped her tear with my thumb. I was bringing my face to hers to kiss the tears, but I came back to my senses and just wiped them away as well. "Tell me, Bils.", I commanded. "Okay, I was overthinking earlier at the bathroom while texting you, because I thought you didn't want me at your party.", She explained to me. I frowned my eyebrows and gave her a big hug. She buried her face into my neck and cried, like the good ol' times. I patted her back and stroked her hair. "You're absolutely wrong, Billie. I love y-... You're a great friend, and I would hate to not have you there. You're an amaizing person.", I said to her, almost saying "I love you".