Twenty Three

Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Las Vegas, NV

Zak's POV

Today is Valentine's Day which I thought we wouldn't have been able to celebrate until next week but circumstances changed which sad I am glad as it's our first married Valentine's Day.

Elizabeth is asleep next to me when I wake this morning. She looks so peaceful with Yoda snuggled by her. Gracie, Piper and Otis were at the end of the bed curled up by her feet and mine.

I smiled as I put my hand on her bump and Caden kicked.

“Hey,” I whispered “What are you doing up so early,” I smiled “Are you trying to wake Momma up?”

“He already has,” she said as her eyes open.

I smiled “Good morning Beautiful,” I said kissing her lips.

“Good morning handsome,” she said with a smile “Excuse me. I have to pee,” she got out of the bed and scooted herself to the bathroom.

Yoda looks at me before kissing my eye “Thanks Yoda,” I said with a chuckle “So would you like to eat?”  Piper, Gracie and Otis all picked up their heads “You three too?” They quickly got up and jumped off the bed heading for the bedroom door “Babe. The dogs are ready to eat. Going to let them out for their morning bathroom break and get them fed.”

“Okay,” she said “I will be right down.”

..........

Downstairs.....

I was getting the dogs their food when Elizabeth came downstairs.

“Hey Babe,” I said with a grin.

“Hey," she said “What do you want for breakfast?”

“I can make something,” I said “So what do you want?” I asked as I set the dogs dishes down.

“Pancakes," she said.

“Your wish is my command,” I said kissing her lips “Have a seat.”

“Can't I help?” she asked with a pout.

“Do you really want to help?” I asked.

She nodded and smiled “Please?” she asked.

“Okay. Okay,” I said with a smile kissing her forehead “I will get the bowl and you get the pancake mix.”

“Okay,” she smiled brightly and walked/waddled to the cabinet.

She grabbed the mix and the chocolate chips. Making me chuckle “I take it chocolate chip pancakes?” I asked.

She nodded “Please?” she said with her puppy dog eyes that have made me melt since day one.

"Alright,” I smiled “We will have chocolate chip pancakes.”

“Yippie!" she cheered as she came back to me as I had the bowl and other ingredients ready for the pancakes “Here," she said as she sat on a stool at the island.

“Babe. Honestly you can go relax in the living room,” I said.

“But," she pouts.

“Babe. I can see just that little walk tuckered you out,” I said “Go relax in the living room and I will bring it to you. We can watch TV and eat in the TV room.”

Elizabeth looks shocked ”Really?” she said “We normally never eat in the TV room.”

“Special circumstances,” I said kissing her lips “Now go ahead,” I gesture to the TV room

........

After breakfast....

I had taken the dishes into the kitchen and started the dishwasher while Elizabeth looked for the episode we left on of Making a Murderer on Netflix.

“Honey Bee I got episode three ready to go,” she calls “Hurry up!”

“I am. I am just getting you your lemon water,” I called.

“Okay. Thank you Honey Bee,” said Elizabeth.

“You're welcome,” I smiled as I came in and hand her the tall glass of lemon water.

She took a sip “Good as always,” she said.

“Good. Now let's start episode three of Making a Murderer,” I said.

“Yes,” said Elizabeth snuggling up beside me with her blanket and my shoulder was her pillow.

I smiled and kissed the top of her head “Babe?” I said.

“Hmm?” she said

“Do you just want to stay here all day?” I asked.

“But what about dinner tonight?” she asked.

“Well we were planning on ordering from Sorentino's,” I said “We keep that plan but just stay here in the TV room and snuggle all day watching true crime documentaries.”

“I can get behind that,” she said smiling as she curls up and put the blanket over both of us.

“Good,” I said wrapping my arms around her pulling her closer to me. I rest my hand on the bump and Caden kicks “Caden go to sleep for awhile let Momma have a break.”

Elizabeth giggled lightly “He is up because I am,” she said.

“He is up when you try to sleep too,” I said.

“He is a night owl like his Dada,” said Elizabeth resting her hand on top of mine before linking our pinkies.

“And his Momma,” I said.

“True,” said Elizabeth with a small nod as she watches Making a Murderer “Probably when he was conceived,” she said.

“Wouldn't be surprised,” I said kissing her temple.

.......

Later that day.....

Elizabeth's POV

Zak has ordered dinner from our favorite Italian restaurant Sorentino's and we're watching another episode of Making a Murderer. It has quickly become a favorite of ours. 

“I can't believe we only have four episodes left after this one,” said Zak as the sixth episode started.

“I know," I said with a pout “Hopefully we get another season.”

“Well this season has been successful maybe we will get a season two,” said Zak as the doorbell rings “I will go get it,” he paused the episode and got up.

He came back with dinner in hand.

“My stuffed mozzarella chicken parmesan!" I said with a grin.

“Yes and my fried ravioli," he said.

“Yuck,” I said.

“I know you're not a fan,” he said as he sat down beside me he found my meal and side salad that came along with it “Babe,” he smiled.

“Thanks Honey Bee,” I said.

.........

Dinner was great and we were just finishing putting dishes into the dishwasher. When I yawn lightly.

“How about the last four episodes wait,” said Zak “How about we snuggle upstairs and watch Mama Mia," he suggested.

“Yes!” I said “I love that movie!!"

“I know you do,” he said “And after we can maybe watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding.”

“If I don't fall asleep during Mama Mia,” I said.

Zak kissed my forehead “We will play it by ear then. Let's make sure the dogs have a last potty break before we go upstairs.”

I nodded and the dogs followed Zak to the backyard. After going to the bathroom the dogs come running back inside to me waiting patiently for the signal to go upstairs. The rest of our first Valentine's Day was spent with snuggles and watching two of my favorite movies.