Chapter four : Presto-Change-O

Eli's pov

Waking up today like any other morning. Get up, shower and get ready for the day ahead. Time had gone by really slowly as I still had an hour to spare before I go pick up Ellie.

Since we became friends I've been taking her to school on my motorcycle and I even bought her a helmet of her own, just so she's not sharing the car with a totally in love couple. How ridiculous is love.

Love is a feeling that exists for pain and happiness. Love is a magnet to the battery of our bodies. We strive for Love yet we are so disappointed each time it happens. Risk or Reward. Risk being pain, the feeling of giving your all to someone who wants more, the trauma of revealing the mask of our angels for them to be looked as demons. Reward being happiness, the feeling of acceptance of all your flaws, the match that lights you to your guidance. Is the reward really worth the risk?

With 15 minutes to spare I go downstairs and say goodmorning to everyone "Morning Ma, Papa" I say as I walk into the kitchen.

"Hungry Mija?" my papa asks with a strong accent.

"I'm okay Papa, why do you call me Mija anyway? Doesn't that mean darling?" I ask curiously.

"My papa, your Abuello, called me Mija since I was young, the man never cared and wanted to show affection through his words. It's how we express. Do you not like it Eli?" The man asked, I knew if I wanted him to stop he would, he'd try stop an earthquake just because I didn't like it.

"No Papa, just curious. Feels weird hearing you call me Eli" I say with a light chuckle. "I gotta go, I'll see you after school"

I pick up Ellie and take her to school like usual.

We're all sitting on the pool table as Preston starts his magic show "Ladies and Gentlemen! Time for a moment of amazement...from master magician Presto-Change-O! he says dramatically doing a signature pose with his hands.

"yeah prest!" Sarah adds as we all cheer for Preston.

"More like Presto-Lame-O" I overhead Victor say. I start writing on a piece of paper, crumble it up and throw it at Victor which hits him right in his head.

"Ouch. Who threw that. What does it say, lemme read it Monty! Zip it Bird Brain?" he says with a glance as his eyes look in my direction I give him a beaming smile.

"Hahaha! Bird brain" Ellie says laughing at what Victor just read out.

"Behold, an entirely empty hat!" Preston announces.

"Hold on there change-o. let me see that hat." Victor says taking Preston's top hat.

"Hey you can't-" Preston says before Victor cuts him off.

"Empty hat, hm?" Victor says pulling Preston's Rabid out of the hat.

"A rabbit! Amazing. It's magic." Preston says awkwardly as everyone boos, except us 6 as we watch people throw bits of paper at him.

Ellie and I overhear Monty tell Victor "That's not magic, it's tragic"

"Can you shut the fuck up? You're doing my head in now" Ellie confronts the boy in frustration to shut him up.

Me and Brody separate from the others as the bell rings, when we see Preston at his locker with a sad look on his face "Don't worry Presto, just keep Practicing, your magic tricks will get better" Brody says to Preston with a soft and endearing smile.

"Yeah ignore what Victor and Monty say, those two idiots aren't worth it" I add, also giving him a reassuring smile.

"When I was about five my parents took me to a magic show. He made this dragon bracelet appear on my wrist!" he says showing us a cool silver dragon bracelet. There's not a single day he doesn't wear that bracelet, I can understand why, I do the same thing with my necklace. I smile at him as I play with the silver dog tag that's around my neck.