Chapter Eleven : Poisonous plots

Ellie's pov

I feel weird. I don't just mean I feel sick or I've had a bad day, I feel strange and out of place.

Sometimes when I'm getting ready for school or just simply getting ready and doing my make up because I want to take a photo for Instagram, I see myself in the mirror vanishing, like I never even existed.

I haven't told the others it's still happening, I didn't believe what they were saying when Levi cancelled his world tour and I apparently 'disappeared' but now I'm thinking I did.

Ever since then it keeps on occurring, like a song that gets stuck in you head. But this is a long song.

It feels like my entire body is camouflaged like a chameleon and I don't know why.

A chameleon camouflages when scared or threatened, like when it hides from its predators.

But I'm not scared, nor am I threatened. I'm never threatened. Not even by the plastic popular girls that walk around school like they own the place, why would I be?

I mean yeah I get threatened by monsters all the time but, I'm still never scared.

The only time I get scared is if I see a spider in the corner of my room. Man those things are creepy.

And just now its happening. Again. I'm sat at my desk doing my skincare before school and as I'm about to caress my skin with the moisturizer I vanish.

We had all planned to meet up again today before school since Brody's brother, Aiden, is back.

Personally I don't trust him, I'm happy for Brody to have his brother back but something in my gut is telling me not to trust him.

I always follow my gut.

Like usual I just wait it out, wait till my body turns back to normal.

I finished getting ready and headed out the door where I see Eli waiting for me on his motorcycle.

Eli's pov

"What took you so long? I mean this was longer than usual." I asked the girl that stepped out the crimson red door.

"I forgot to straighten my hair last night so it took me longer to do it this morning" Ellie told me as I hand her the spare helmet.

A moment later she gets on the motorcycle and wraps her arms around my waist. I put the motorcycle in position as we then take off towards the school.

There's an outside area of the school that's attached to shop class but it's always open, it's meant for people that need to fix their cars but nobody actually uses it so instead it's where we usually train but before we train today we're all just going to hang out since Aiden is back in town.

I pull in and see Calvin, Haley and Sarah had already got there with Calvin's truck so as I pull in I go round in a semi circle so the front of my motorcycle is facing the entrance. I leave space in the middle for Brody's car to park.

A few minutes later Brody pulls up in his car and parks in the gap between mine and Calvin's vehicles.

Brody, Levi, Preston and Aiden step out as we all then stand around as Aiden tells us about what happened 10 years ago.

I lean against the side of my motorcycle and face Aiden while Ellie joins Sarah, Calvin and Haley on the back of the truck.

"On that day, 10 years ago, the day the monsters took Brody. Dad told me to take the ninja steel and hide it, he told me to stay hidden too, like a ninja. He ran out to save Brody from Galvanax and I saw Dad turn into a power ranger! I couldn't believe it. But then Galvanax hit dad hard. Galvanax was about to absorb the ninja nexus stars power but our dad destroyed the star and vanished into thin air, he was gone. But I knew one thing for sure, I had to keep the ninja steel safe. I hid it in dad's trophy at the high school, then left you the clue in our secret spot. I was terrified Galvanax would come after me so I went away as far as I could go. When I saw the power rangers on TV, and you had this, I knew it had to be you Brody" Aiden explains to us all as we listen carefully.