Freedom At Last

[Noah Pov]

We did it! We won the case! Im so glad, i didnt want to go to jail, or even a death sentence. Maybe over exaggerating, but still. We need to find a place to stay though. We continue walking. Cody is staring at something while smiling. "OOH A PARK! CAN WE GO?" he shouts. I look at him and smile. "Sure."

We walk over to the park. But Cody stops for a second. "Actually.. i changed my mind." I raise an eyebrow. He never would miss an opportunity to go to the park. He starts to speed walk away. I run to go and catch up with him. Whats wrong? I ask myself. "Cody whats up? You never turn down an opportunity to go to the park?" He looks at me. "It's nothing." He states with a rude tone.

For the rest of the walk to a different hotel, its just awkward silence. I break the silence. "Seriously Cody what's happening?"  "ITS NOTHING?! OKAY?!" He shoves me and walks away angrily. "WHAT THE FUCK CODY?!" I yell as he walks away. I see tears running down his eyes, Shit.. i fucked up.

I run into the hotel where Cody went, but i couldn't spot him. I slap my forehead. I walk back outside and sit on a bench. I needed something to distract me, so i pull out a book. I continue reading when i look up to see those two sweaty men from the elevator. Ew. They really should wear deodorant.

"Whats up gay scrawny kid." One of them says sternly. "Uhm.. the sky?" I hesitantly say. The other one grabs my arm and my book, they throw the book in the trash can. "Really?" I say now being annoyed.

The one grabbing my arm pulls me and wraps a bandana around my head, keeping me from breathing. They grab me and pull me behind the building. I couldnt see. One of them threw a punch and hit me in the guts. "WHAT THE FUCK MAN?" Then, i heard a gun cock.