2

The sorting ceremony finally finished after what felt like years, we had a pretty good pick of new Slytherins this year.

We also have a new DADA teacher this year, her name is Dolores Umbridge,

Her outfit was very pink and she gave a fake cheap smile while looking over at all the students before her during her speech.

Once the announcements finished I felt my Mouth start to water as the yearly feast appeared before us, I didn't quite realize how hungry I was until now.

Eventually the crowd started to simmer down as dinner was approaching its end, I noticed that Theordore Nott was one of the last Slytherins to remain seated drawing my eyes towards his direction.

"what do you think his deal is?" I muttered towards Hermione breaking my glance as we walked towards our common rooms,

"I'm not really sure but he gives me the creeps" she pretended to shiver causing me to let out a small laugh.

I said my goodbyes to her as well with Ron and Harry when we approached the entrance to the Gryffindor common room

I kept walking towards the dungeons the halls were empty I thought to myself finding it strange but I didn't mind, I liked to sound my heels made against the cold hard floor.

Once I approached the dungeons I whispered the password under my soft breath "pureblood"

A rush if familiarity hit me when I entered the common room, a smile quickly spread across my face while making my way towards the stairs leading to the girls dorms.

Excitement roared throughout my body when I opened the door awaiting my new roommates,

My eyes laid upon Pansy Parkinson, I gave her an awkward smile.

Pansy had dark black hair that shined in the glowing moonlight, it was shorter than the previous years but was elegant on her harder facial features,

I never had the opportunity to get close to pansy, she was kind to me in the past so i'm looking forward to the chance to befriend her this upcoming year.

"are you excited for another year?" I ask breaking the silence

"as long as it's better then last year" she replied in a harsh yet joking tone.

After I started to settle in the dorm I found out I was also sharing the dorm with Astoria Greengrass and Flora Carrow, I wasn't as comfortable and close with them unlike Pansy.

As the night went on we all laid on Pansy bed, spitting out icebreakers

"any lucky boys catching your eyes" Astoria chirped with a wide grin,

"Draco Malfoy is looking very cute this year" Pansy said without hesitation

"yuck! he looks like a live action ferret" Flora was practically screaming while we all started laughing until we rolled along the floor.

I caught my breath then spoke without thinking "there is one guy.. I wouldn't necessarily say 'catching my eye' but I am curious about Theodore Nott" I smiled awkwardly awaiting their response,

"oh honey he has such a bad reputation, yeah he's hot but a major flirt I wouldn't waist your time" Astoria explained with guilt in her voice

"trust me I don't like him, I was just curious since i just met him today" Astoria and Pansy shared a unconvinced look.

"well we should probably head to bed it's getting late" I don't want to be tired for the first day of classes especially with O.W.Ls. coming up, the thought exhausted me.

The girls all exchanged a quick glance before agreeing, I could tell they thought it was because of Theodore Nott which caused me to chuckle in disgust.

I set two alarms knowing I would need the extra help in the morning,

"goodnight" I rang out to the dorm before drifting off to a peaceful sleep.