Fourteen

After school, Zhang Hao walks out of the school to find Jiwoong. He needs to tell him he has detention and won't be able to go out with him today. He wasn't able to tell him during lunch since they sat at a table with all their friends. Zhang Hao sees him waiting outside with his hands in his pockets and he smiles nervously at Zhang Hao when he sees him.

"Hey, are you ready to go?" Jiwoong asks him, getting ready to take Zhang Hao's backpack from him.

"Sorry Jiwoong, but I don't think we can hang out today. Is it okay if we leave this date for some other time?" Zhang Hao asks him. "I got detention."

"You got detention?" Jiwoong asks, surprised. "Why?"

"I was late to class and the teacher is really strict about tardiness. I have detention right now and I'm not sure what time it'll be over."

"Oh." Jiwoong just nods. "Sure then. We can leave it for some other day."

"See you later." Zhang Hao smiles at him before walking back into the school. As soon as he walks in, he sees Ricky was just about to walk out.

"Hao, are you walking home right now? I'll walk with you."

"I'm not going home right now. I have detention."

"What? Detention? Again? What did you do this time? Mom is going to be so mad."

"I was late to a class and the teacher is really strict when it comes to that." Zhang Hao tells him. "Please don't tell mom. I don't like lying to her, but she'll get so mad at me for getting detention two times in a row. It's only my second day here."

"Okay, but what do I tell her if she asks where you are?"

"Just tell her I stayed after school to study more or something. Tell her I'll be home soon."

"Okay, but you need to stop getting detention so much. At this point they'll end up calling mom."

"Yeah, I know. I almost got away with it, but Hanbin just had to throw me under the bus." Zhang Hao rolls his eyes. "Anyway, I'll get going or I'll be late to detention and get detention again for being late to detention."

"That'd be crazy but funny honestly." Ricky laughs. "You should get going then."

"See you later." Zhang Hao waves at him and rushes towards the detention room.

Once he gets there, he sees the teacher is already there, as well as some students, but Hanbin isn't here yet. Zhang Hao makes his way to the middle of the classroom and takes a seat. He starts working on his homework so he doesn't have to do it when he gets home.

"Hanbin..." Zhang Hao hears the teacher say, making him look up from his work. "You were almost late to detention when you got detention for being late. Why am I not surprised?"

"I was still on time." Hanbin tells him and as soon as he says that, the late bell rings. "I was here before the late bell."

"Just take a seat."

"Yes, sir." Hanbin looks around for a seat.

There were only a few students in detention. Maybe eight or nine including Zhang Hao, which means there are so many empty and available seats.

But of course, Hanbin chose to sit next to him.

"Hi, detention buddy. Wow, I can't believe we keep getting detention at the same time."

"We wouldn't be here if you would've just kept your mouth shut." Zhang Hao rolls his eyes. "I had plans today."

"Oh, right. Your date with Jiwoong. How sad." He says sarcastically and pouts. "Looks like you'll have to reschedule."

"There was no need to throw me under the bus, you traitor." Zhang Hao tells him. "Then again, I'm not surprised after what you pulled back in middle school."

Hanbin scoffs in disbelief. "You're really bringing this up right now?"

"Well, you just keep proving what type of person you really are. I thought you had matured at least, but I see you're still the same."

Hanbin's at loss for words. Instead of saying anything, he gets up from his seat and sits in the back of the room.

Zhang Hao sighs. He just called Hanbin immature, but he's not being so mature right now either. Did he go too far?