chapter 12

Taddaaaa , finally double update guys !

And before I say or ask anything, go and read the chapter.

Happy reading :)

As Mom's words echoed in my mind, a suffocating feeling engulfed my room. Seeking solace, I escape to the terrace, my sanctuary of relief.

As I stood on the terrace, I closed my eyes, embracing the cool breeze that envelops me, allowing it to rejuvenate my senses and bring solace to my soul. The gentle caress of the wind brings a sense of tranquility, soothing my troubled mind.

As I dwell on what happened a few hours ago and what the future holds, I can't help but wonder how a mother could act this way. Today, while strolling through the corridor, my eyes catch a glimpse of Aadhira embracing Shraddha aunty with such serenity and love. It's a sight that nourishes my soul, witnessing such pure affection. Meanwhile, my own mother remains oblivious to her own son's existence.

I was thinking all this when I felt a hand on my shoulders from behind , I turned to look who is here at this time .

And here she is Aadhira !

"Hii," she said cheerfully.

"What?" I replied, confused.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Well, this is my home, so I'm supposed to be here, right?" I said , my face devoid of any emotion

She rolled her eyes and said, "Very funny! But seriously, how did you get here at this time?"

"That's none of your business," I replied, turning away.

But she tapped my shoulders again and stood in front of me, saying, "Well, you're right. It's actually not my business, so I'll focus on what my business is."

Confused, my brows furrowed, and before I could say anything, she continued.

"See, I know we used to fight a lot since childhood. Neither of us liked each other. And as we grew up, we never got to know each other, which only fueled our hatred. But now, being here for your wedding, from your engagement day until now, I've realized that you're not that bad. So, I wanted to say sorry. I don't want to hold any grudges against you. Since you're getting married tomorrow, I wanted to end all of this on a good note from my side."

I stand there in complete shock, trying to process what she just said. And then she asks for my hand again.

"What?" Unable to understand her intentions clearly, I ask again.

"Just give me your hand na," she insists.

What? Is she here to propose to me? No, no, no! Oh my god, I'm not even wearing nice clothes. All these thoughts race through my mind as she waves her hand in front of me, bringing me out of my trance. I mutter to myself, "Calm down, Kabir. Put a full stop to your silly thoughts and let her finish."

She extends her hand and gestures for mine, holding something in her fist. As she opens her hand, she places the ring that I bought for her in the store when it got stuck in her hands.

"Here it is, take it," she replies.

"What? Why are you giving this to me?" I ask her.

"Because you gave it to me, when it accidentally got stuck in my hands while trying it on my hands . Yesterday, it finally came out, so I thought to return it to you. Kabir, thank you so much for your help. I owe you, and here is your ring," she says while returning it with a smile forming on her face