15

Max POV:

It was media day and it went relatively well. It was the same questions all the time, but that was to be expected. But couldn't keep my concentration up because I was thinking about Francesca. How well we had clicked on the beach in Monaco, how sweet and peaceful she looked sleeping. How her dream of becoming a model started to come true. But couldn't do much because she was living with Charles after being thrown out by her father. I knew I needed to get some alone time with her before Charles made the first move on her. The only one who knew about my crush on her was Charles and Daniel so needed to talk to Daniel about this.

"Hey Ricc, do you have some time?" I asked when I saw him. "yes, has something happened" he asked when he saw my nervous expression. I tried to get the words out of my mouth I was paralyzed. "Is it about Francesca" I looked up and nodded. He laughed and gave me a push. "What should I do to make her like me" I asked, almost ashamed. He started rambling on about what I could do to win her heart and I tried to keep up as best I could. Finally he paused and looked behind my back. I didn't have time to turn around before I heard a voice. "are you done for today"

Of course it was Charles. He came forward and was very happy. "did you see Frankie's post" he asked with a smile on his face "yes did she tell you about the photoshoot" I asked a little too quickly because he reacted. "no I didn't know anything" said Carles which made Ricc laugh. "how can she live with you and not tell anything" asked Ricc in a teasing voice. We stood talking about Frankie for a while but all I could think about was what Daniel said to me.

 I liked her even though we hadn't known each other for a long time. But it just felt right. I started thinking of a plan so I could be with her for a while by myself tonight. Suddenly I got a push on the arm from Charles. "are you coming or" I looked confused at the guys in front of me. "with where" I asked and realized that I had started to daydream. "tonight we'll be at Charles's and hang out for a while because we all live in the same hotel" said Daniel with a big grin on his face. Great, no alone time with her.

Daniel and I took the elevator up to Charles' room and knocked. It was Frankie who opened the door. She had a high ponytail and a soft set, it was likely from the clothing brand she had photographed for today. She welcomed us and we went in and sat down on the couch and started talking. Lando was also there so I went over to greet him. 

Frankie went up to get a drink while the rest of us sat talking about a lot of nonsense. When she came back there was only one seat next to me so she settled down next to me. I'm not complaining because then I could easily talk to her. The evening flowed well and we had entered into a conversation about our childhood. I noticed how Francesca became quiet after we started talking about it. She went up and out to the balcony and there I saw my chance to be alone with her.

"hello how are you" I asked as I went out to her. I noticed that she was sad. "it's fine, don't worry" she replied, trying to hide the fact that she was crying a little. "it's ok Frankie, if you don't want to tell you don't have to" I said trying to comfort her. "I miss my mother" I heard her say quietly and looked down at the ground. "is she still in London" I asked, not knowing why she missed her. "My mother died in a car accident a few years ago," she said before it broke for her. I sat down next to her and held her to show that she could be safe. When she managed to speak again she said. "I hate going fast in cars because it reminds me of mom" I said nothing but showed that I was listening to her. I was glad she felt safe with me to tell her.

After she calmed down and became a little happier again, she wanted to go back inside. I followed her but really I wanted to stay with her on the balcony and talk. When we got back I saw everyone looking at us but Daniel gave me a look. I sat down next to Lando and pretended it was nothing. I didn't want us to drag Francesca's mother up. "has Russo been sad" I heard a voice about me ask. It was Lando. "She was a little upset but I don't think she wants us to talk about it," I said quietly so as not to risk the others hearing. 

After Francesca and I were out on the balcony, Charles was a little extra clingy to her, which made me very jealous. We played charades a few times which of course I came up with last. I saw that Francesca was having fun and smiling all the time which made me relax a bit. Was afraid that she would be depressed for the rest of the evening and that the others would start asking.

It was time for us to go to our own hotel rooms as it was getting late. Stepping into my room I took a cold shower as it made me relax and clear my mind. I heard my cell phone ring so I got out of the shower to check who was texting.

Francesca Russo:Thanks for everything tonight. I really appreciate it.

I felt my smile grow bigger and bigger. I got into bed and stalked her social media. She was as beautiful in the picture as in reality, or she was even more beautiful in reality. I called Daniel and talked about Francesca. He tried to find out what she and I were talking about. I just said she was a little down but it's nothing I can talk about. I heard him go silent on the phone for a few seconds. He then asked if it was about her mother passing away. I was shocked and asked how he knew. "Lando said something about her mother dying a few years ago" I heard him say in a serious voice.

 Of course it was Lando who said that. However, felt a relief that Daniel did not know how she passed away, because if I knew he was right, he would ask 100 questions about it the next time they saw each other. I quickly reply that it's about that but not to go around talking about it because it's something that Francesca is grieving over. He understood and then hung up. I put my phone on charge and tried to sleep. It was more difficult than usual because I started to think how my father was towards me as a child. But after thinking about it for a while, I fell asleep.