20

It had now been 40 minutes since Charles and Lando left to get gas or help and they still hadn't returned. "how long can it take for them to come back" I asked at the same time as I had started to freeze. "Can you take my mobile out of the backpack" he said impatiently. I did as he said and started looking in the backpack that I had been wearing all day.

I found his cell phone after a few seconds and handed it to him. I heard him start talking to someone and his expression changed very quickly. "What, you won't be able to come" I heard him yell at the person on the other side. I felt a lump in my stomach start to take shape and the anxiety just got worse and worse.

He continued to tell them that they had been stopped by a lot of fans and they might not be able to come. I felt myself having trouble breathing. We were in the middle of the water and couldn't get ashore, we were stuck. "What are we going to do now" I asked but heard my words turn into a whisper. "I have a solution, but you probably won't like it," he replied guiltily. "I don't care what the solution is, I just want to go home," I said annoyed. All I could think about was that I was freezing and hungry.

Daniel picked up his cell phone and called someone. The person on the other end of the phone answered and Daniel explained our situation and that Charles could not come and help. He quickly hung up and explained that we would have help within a few minutes. I don't answer but lean against his back to try to rest for a while.

I heard something coming towards us so I looked up and saw it was a boat. As the boat got closer, I saw that it was Max who was driving, Charles and Lando were also there. I sighed loudly when I realized that it was Max that Daniel had called earlier. "why Max" I whispered to Daniel. He doesn't answer but giggles at my obvious annoyance that he was here.

Max started towing our jet ski towards the shore again. When we got ashore I saw that Max was looking at me but I ignored him. I jumped off the scooter and Charles gave me a hug and a sweater. "Thank you for helping us," Daniel said to Max. Max just sighed and gave me an angry look. We stood and talked with Max for a while and every time I said something, Max sighed or made some unnecessary comment.

Charles noticed that I was uncomfortable in Max's presence so he quickly ended the chat and then drove us all home, Lando and Daniel were going to sleep over. When we were in the car, the guys started apologizing for asking Max for help. They knew I didn't want to see Max after his outburst at Charles earlier.

Back at Charles' house, I took an apple to get something in my stomach. It was around midnight so I went straight to bed. I couldn't do my hair routine or anything. I had a very hard time sleeping because the only thing I could think about was max behavior. I tossed and turned several times before I managed to fall asleep.

I woke up and felt like my nose was blocked and my throat hurt. Good to get sick during your break. I went downstairs to take medicine to get well quickly. When I came downstairs, everyone was already sitting in the living room playing video games.

"how terrible you look" Lando said when he saw me. I gave him an angry look but chose not to say anything. I didn't find anything for a cold but I did find something that helped with a headache so I took the tablet and washed it down with water.

I sat down next to them and took a blanket and wrapped myself in it. "What have you planned to do today" I asked, looking tiredly at Charles. "we were thinking of having a barbecue today" said Charles and gave me an understanding look. He knew I wouldn't be able to ride around today.

I had posted a story where the guys were trying to get the grill going and it was too funny not to share. After only a few seconds I had received a DM.

GeorgeRussel:

 is it okay if me, Carlos and Pierre come by for some barbecue?

I didn't know who it was so I went to Charles. "who is George" I asked and showed him what he had written. "he is an f1 driver for mercedes, tell them they can come" replied and continued with the grill.

FrancescaRusso: 

absolutely, just come

Since more people would be coming here, I chose to put on some make-up to look fresh. I sat down on the floor in front of the mirror in the bedroom and started to fix myself. I heard how the door down there opened and loud voices so understood that the others were now there.

I went down and greeted the guys who had arrived. I gave Carlos a hug and greeted him first. Not wanting to be rude, George and Pierre hugged too. They were very nice and very forward. I was absolutely sure that neither George nor Pierre knew who I was, I was wrong. "your brother is very good to drive his first season" said Pierre. I looked at him for a second before I realized he was talking to me. "driving in F1 has been his biggest dream so I'm not surprised" I explained and noticed that everyone had their eyes on me. "what are you Simon Russell's sister" asked George. I nodded and smiled so as not to make the conversation stiff.

"then you must be an expert on cars and such" said Pierre and laughed. "I don't know anything about Formula 1, didn't even know Charles was a driver" I explained and saw that almost everyone was surprised, everyone except Charles. "how can you know so little when your brother drives in F1" asked George, drinking his water. "It hasn't been anything that interested me before" I explained and became uncomfortable with all eyes on me. "Guess it was Charles who changed your mind" Carlos said, winking at me.