Broken promises

It was the day she never wanted to see. The wedding of her ex bhabhi and the person she hated the most. Abhimanyu Birla.

It was hard for her, hard for her to accept all this. She wasn't a girl who never wished someone to move on after their partner's death, but it was so early. It's not even two months and Akshara have moved on from her Bhai ji. And the worst thing was they all forced her to be a part of this. The pheras are over and the married couples were taking elder's blessings. She saw them bending to touch Manjari's feet. A sarcastic laugh came out of her mouth.

After all programs every guests started to leave. It was just the family members and Akshara was going to leave Goenka house. Muskan was happy that atleast she would get some time to be alone she can't stand with those melodramas anymore. She turned and was about to leave when she heard Akshara calling her.

"Muskaan" She stopped in her way and turned around.

"Won't you bid me a goodbye" she asked with the sweetest tone.

Muskan looked at her blankly when she heard another voice.

"Why would she, some people are so selfish that they can't even stand other's happiness " it was Manjari. The person she hates the most.

She looked towards her husband who was throwing draggers at her. At that very moment she understand  why her nahi ji was against this marriage. Her own husband is not taking a stand for her. It was enough she can't take it anymore and yes finally she burst out.

"Yes Mrs Birla I am selfish. If grieving over my brother's death is selfishness then I am. If you could not handle akshara Ji's happiness when she came back to your life after 6 years then why do you expect me to accept your son's happiness after few days of my brother's demise"

Akshara felt a wave of hurt when Muskan addressed her as Akshara ji instead of bhabhi. It's right now she is not her bhabhi.

"I was scared ji. Scared to speak after kairav ji said that he don't accept me as his wife anymore, but now I will speak because now I neither accept him as my husband nor this house as my sasural."

The whole family stood there numb trying to process what she was speaking. Before anyone could speak she continued.

"Maybe because I have grown up seeing my Bhai ji I, I had high hopes on love and marriage but I was wrong. Every men are not the same."
And Akshara ji you... you got married to that person who never respected you. And you are addressing that person as your maa who had always addressed my Bhai ji in the worst way possible."

She wiped the tears coming out from her eyes.

"I have so much to tell but I won't coz it's a very big day for you na ( she laughed sarcastically) but remember one thing akshara Ji's. People change but not their nature. And i Don't need to explain the nature of you newly married husband."

Saying this she went inside and take the suitcase which she had already packed leaving all the things which her ex husband and in laws gave her and took only the things which she bought there.

She came down, she saw kairav who was now filled with guilt and wasn't even able to look at her. She came towards him and gave the mangalsutra back.

Birlas and Goenka s tried to stop her but no. She went out keeping her head high. That time she realised one thing. The only time she got respect in that house was when her Bhai ji was aksharas husband but when her Bhai ji went away the respect for her too went with him.

_______________________________

I wanted to portray Muskan's feelings for so long and did now.

If you guys like this then please vote and comment.

I am planning to write a book on akshnav.  Plots are welcome and please support that too