Part two

It was noon. She was sitting near the window viewing the sunset with a soft smile. she was not happy but she was at peace. Finally, she is away from that family who never valued her or her feelings. She looked around the 2bhk apartment where she was now. She bought this small apartment with her small savings and salary before marriage. She wanted to shift there with Neela Amma. her amma was old and alone in Kasauli.

Neela Amma, a wave of regret washed through her face. her amma and bhai ji had told her several times not to marry Kairav but it was she who loved him blindly, she didn't care about his anger issues and insecurities due to his past because all she wanted was a beautiful present and future with him.

she smiled looking at the photo in her hands. Abhinav Sharma, who had always been her protector and support system, her bhai ji. She had grown up seeing a man like him and believed that all men are like him, but she was wrong, her bhai ji was a single piece and no one could be like him, he was too good for this world so everyone took him for granted.

soon the climate started to change, the clouds started to get darker and darker covering the sun and slowly it started to rain. she smiled to herself sarcastically. kairav proposed to her on a rainy day. how much she tried to forget his, she just couldn't. She had a lot of hope in him, and their relationship but everything ended in seconds, but she didn't regret her decision to leave him and his family.

She was thinking about all this when she heard the doorbell ring. maybe the food delivery guy she thought. this day was too much for her to handle so she ordered the food from outside.

she opened the door lazily only to encounter a broken man drenched in rain and that man was none other than the man she left a few hours ago. he was standing there with his head held low and eyes full of guilt. at first, she just wanted to hug him and forgive him but no, now her self-respect was important to her. She was about to shut the door at his face but he stopped the door. he could clearly see the disappointment in her eyes. and that killed him.

"Can I please come in?" he asked in a soft voice. for a moment she thought that it was her bhairav ji, and before she could answer he came inside and locked the door which made her furious.

"Who the hell gave you the permission to enter my house Mr. Goenka" she lashed but he was just looking at her.

she was neither wearing her mangalsutra nor sindur which always made him think that she was his and only his. he died a bit when he heard her calling Mr. Goenka. 

"It's your bhairav ji Muskan," he said desperately. She shut her eyes and prayed to god that does not make her weak here. she opened her eyes and looked at him with a blank expression, the eyes once held a lot of love and respect for him now had nothing, neither love nor hate.

" Muskan please please say something, your silence is killing me" he cried, he cried in front of her. it was too much for her to handle, so she just sat on the sofa near her and looked away from him. he went near her and sat on the ground holding her hand. She tried hard to take back her hand which he was holding tightly and eventually stopped trying.

"say" After a long silence, he heard her speak. he gave her a confused look "You can say whatever you want to Mr. Goenka and I will hear it. but would you have the courage to hear me fate that" she asked and looked at him, he said nothing she sighed and gestured to him to speak up.

 "I don't know Muskan when our relationship took a drastic turn. I have always wanted to be the husband you wanted but I never could be the one and the day you doubted me to have a relationship with Pallavi, I just lost it. I felt that you didn't even trust me and that's when I started to distance myself from you. if I had tried to explain to you everything without being angry then maybe everything would have been fine but I never tried. I was trying so hard to forget that incident that stopped spending time with you. akshu was so broken after Abhinav Jis Deth that I started to concentrate on her more even without caring about you and I hate myself for that I even tried to kick you out of the house bu..." his words died in between his sobs. 

"We both are wrong in this relationship Kairav ji, we loved each other but forgot to understand. our relationship was always at the end of a thin string that broke really quickly. I was wrong in many things, I was wrong doubting you about having an affair with your secretary and calling akshara ji names. you know I needed you the most during y bhai jis death but you never cared about me, it was always Akshara ji and Abhir for you. you started to be more involved in them and the office which made me insecure and then it turned to doubt. but what I never expected was you would compel me to attend the wedding which I never wanted. it was hard for me to see someone else in my bhai jis place but everyone in that family emotionally blackmailed me to do one thing or the other and Manjari ji, I hated that person the most because she was the one who always humiliated my brother in every possible way. you guys have always listened to her taunts but never tried to stop her but you guys always scolded me when I said something ad the day which you denied to accept me as your wife, Muskan Goenka died the very moment, but I stayed there because my bhai ji gave me that family but then I realized, if he was alive he would never want me to live in that house" she completed and he looked at her. she was correct. both of them were wrong.

_______________________________________

hope you guys liked it. please do vote and comment on your reviews.

will update the last part soon