Chapter thirty four

I found myself in a corridor lit by the light of torches. The wall on my left was solid and cold, while the one to my right was open to the dark night. Climbing roses wrapped themselves around the stone pillars. The white flower heads just glowed in the dark. A sweet scent wafted through the air. I looked out at the starry sky. Millions of tiny gems decorated the black veil covering the landscape.

"Arya.......Arya.......Arya......." called the voice. "Arya....... Arya....... Arya........" it sounded as if from everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

"Arya........" it called me to him.

I obediently followed the voice, my voice. My steps took me I don't know where. My body moved as if by itself. The sound of my heels tapping on the floor echoed through the vast space, multiplying and fading into silence. I was dressed in a white robe. The long skirt trailed on the ground behind me.

"Arya....... Arya........ Arya......."

I walked forward mindlessly. I felt like I was in a kind of bubble, everything seemed so far away and so close at the same time. I ran my fingers over the cold stone. The heat radiating from the torches caressed my exposed skin.

A huge, wooden door appeared in front of me. I recognized them. I knew what was behind them. "Arya....." the voice urged me to enter. "Arya...... Arya......."

Uncertainly, I pressed the door handle. The door opened and I slipped in.

Behind them lay the old familiar library. Shelves of dark wood, filled with piles of books, covered all the walls. The only light came from the hearth, in which a warm fire blazed. The wood cracked. Bright sparks, like fireflies, flew out into the air, stretched to the ceiling and fell to the ground, where their spark was extinguished into oblivion.

I stroked the spines of individual books with my fingers, tracing their titles in languages I didn't understand. I remember this room. It was like yesterday that we were sitting in those velvet armchairs and I was listening to his captivating voice uttering those dead words.

A chill ran down my spine - in a good way. I turned to face him. I caught his gaze. The golden glint in his eyes, that burning spark in them. Black raven hair, an unruly strand falling into his gorgeous eyes. A mischievous smile graced his lips. Dressed all in black. He leaned his shoulder against the door frame and measured me with his eyes. I held my breath. My heart was beating calmly, but strongly, each beat reverberating through my whole body.

He was here - real. He stood before me, alive and handsome.

I was here.

He spread his mighty wings the color of the night. The black feathers absorbed all the light. I wanted to touch that beauty. 

Samael approached me. He smoothed unruly strands of hair from my face behind my ear. He looked deep into my eyes, straight into my soul.

"Welcome home, dear Arya."