𓄂Chapter 32|Late Night Meetings𓄂

.
.
.
.
.
.

Creaking of wooden floor boards and squeaking of an old bed quietly echoed throughout a moderately size room covered in a thin layer of dust. Atleast, the dust was thinner than what it had previously been.

Laying on the old bed was Yuu, who had disheveled hair and obvious eye bags from exhaustion, aswell as Grim, who was sprawled across Yuu's legs with his paws paddling in the air.

"Mmm. Didja see that... Totally wreaked 'em with my power shot..." Grim sleep-talked between snores.

Sitting on the edge of the bed was Y/N, who was looking at the other two occupants with a soft smile that others would barely even notice.

He ran a hand through his hair and swept it back behind his horns while thinking back to the conversation he had with the little human just a couple hours ago.

...

*Creak*

Y/N looked up from a thick book with a worn down cover in his hands towards the source of the eerie noise. He watched the front door of Ramshackle slowly push open from his seat in a newly fixed chair just a couple strides from the entrance.

A familiar face framed by long brown hair peeked from behind the door and swept over the short corridor before landing on Y/N. The boy flashed him a smile as he pushed the door open just a bit further to sneak himself through then doing his best to quietly shut it behind himself.

"You're back rather late." Y/N pointed out with a raised eyebrow and questioning gaze.

Yuu, still standing at the door, chuckled nervously as Y/N continued to watch him with a look that was as worried as it was relieved. He had gotten back an hour after 9, which had worried Y/N since he didn't think the boy would stay away for so long.

"Haha..! Sorry, Y/N~ I stayed later than I wanted cuz I felt bad about leaving 'em to a handle a sudden crowd of students by 'emselves."

Yuu was fiddling with his uniform jacket as he walked over to Y/N, his steps light but slow from exhaustion. The boy rubbed the back of his neck guiltily while letting Y/N carefully check him over for any injuries.

"You're too nice, Child Yuu." Y/N, finally done with his inspection, tousled the boys hair fondly.

His hand wavered with the fond pats for a moment as he thought over what Yuu said.

"Hm. Where were you? Why would you have to deal with some noisy students so late?" Y/N quickly went to interrogating Yuu, and while it might have been frightening enough for any other person to go pale and faint, Yuu could discern the clear worry for him in Y/Ns eyes.

"Just at the Mostro Lounge. The twins took me there an' I helped 'em out for a bit. Oh, the Lounge is some fancy eating place they've got in Octavinelle."

Y/N hummed before he nodded, accepting the short explanation. Yuu smiled and pulled Y/N up from the chair he sat in.

"It's late, so let's go to bed, yeah?"

Yuu grabbed Y/Ns hand and started to pull him away and to their dorm room after Y/N set down the old book he was previously reading.