Getting it on

Mom drives me down the highway to the pharmacy, I take a seat in the waiting place. Mom tells me she's walking next door to grab a Coke. While mom is gone the pharmacist calls my name. I walk up to the counter and see a 24 box of diapers. I get flustered when I realize they are for me. I can't seem to get my words out. I start to panic, the lady at the counter then asks if I want a bag. I barley get a yes out of my mouth. She double bags it, hands it to me and I run out of the store.

I sit in the seat and almost start crying. Mom comes in and asks what the doctor had me pick up. I tell her that it was a box of diapers. She says that it makes sense, and then asks for what the doctor said about all the things. I give her the run-down. She's shocked at most of it, then she reminds me that I'll get through it.

I get home and lay in bed. Mom comes upstairs and ask if I'm gonna try one on. I guess I should, I'm gonna need them at some point. I open the package, its confusing to get them out. I pull one out of the package and hear it crinkle in my hands. I try to unwrap it, but I'm really confused. Mom comes in and asks if I need help. I tell her that I really do and she shows me how to get it open. I cover my face, embarrassed that I couldn't figure that out. Mom asks if I'll be able to figure out how to get it on. I tell her I probably can, and if I can't I'd yell for her. Before she leaves I ask her what I'm supposed to do. She tells me I need to get on the floor first. I interrupt here with confidence and say that I think I can do the rest. Mom chuckles and leaves.

I take the unfolded diaper and put it on the floor. I lay down and get it under me. I look at it and see the tabs, they need to be unpeeled. I unpeel the tapes and pull the front of the diaper over me. I get my phone and call mom, I ask how tight the tabs should be. Mom says they should feel snug. I hang up and get them feeling snug.

I stand up, it feels weird. But mom always has me keep a good attitude, it'll keep my wetting as a non-issue, even if it feels a bit weird. I walk around with it a bit, its like a hug, I'm not happy about wearing it, but I shouldn't be mad about it. Its Thursday, I'll just use tomorrow to get used to it.