Boreal Watch [Kaedehara Kazuha]

Sitting in your place with Xingqiu, both waited for the lecturer to finish preparing the material for the class. Take the ceramic cup with two hands and, bringing it to your mouth, cast a fleeting glance at your crush.

"Mint,... And Valberries," inhaled the boy dreamily.
- Aye! Kazuha? Heyyyy...Hey! - woke him up with loud snaps of fingers in front of his face.
- Hmm? - The albino boy asked some more on the other side.
- You had such a boiled fish face. - affirmed the girl.
She never missed a chance to poke at her dreamy friend or anyone for that matter.
- Sometimes even the most unstoppable samurai can give in to the challenges in his path. - he told her with a fond smile.
- Don't give me that bullshit! When have I ever found you tired? I don't know how that's possible, but I'm sure you were having one of your usual overthinking. -

Not exactly, it was true however not tiredness was the cause of his distraction. It had been a while since the boy had felt that way. Tightness in his chest, butterflies in his stomach, red cheeks, and his nose always guiding him to the same person... Yes, nose! The classmate with the lingering scent of cafeteria, made his head spin. Unfortunately, literature was the only class they had in common and whenever he wanted to talk to them he was either held up by someone else, running, or busy with the lecturer.
His morals prevented him from going to investigate (stalk) their person, as opposed to what his friends would have him do. So to avoid indelicate approaches, he was keeping his cool and the matter to himself.

Little did he know, he had definitely overestimated his discretion and underestimated his neighbor's watchful eye. - Yes! They have my blessing. - said Beidou smugly, who nodded with her arms crossed to her chest and rested her back on the classroom bench.
- Blessing? - the Japanese boy asked confused. But she was already turning her head toward the teacher whispering to him her last words:
- Serenitea shop, tomorrow at 10:00. -
That she would ask him to attend such a place made him puzzled, to say the least. The friend's style was more like an old drunkard than a hipster. But he decided to leave the time running and appreciated the offer of good company.

When class was over you ran off to take the shopping you had done on the way and prepare for an evening with Venti of heavy drinking and emotional support. - See you guys tomorrow, if you want to join me I am at Angel's Share, it should be karaoke night after one last fleeting glance at your classmate you left.

You woke up early to help your parents. A small group of survivors from the previous evening had decided to pay you a visit and camped out to scrounge up your father's hospitality.
Between welcoming and informing customers it was 10 o'clock.
- Welcome to Serenitea shop. - You said in a kind voice to the newly arrived family.
- Is there room? - the lady asked uncertainly. The two brats held back from dashing toward the counter laden with sweets.
- Yes, absolutely. It doesn't look like it but there is plenty of space! -
- Ah well then with permission - replied the woman.
- I'll inform you though that we're having the art showcase today so we're all in a bit of a tizzy. - You giggled, handing a flyer from the stack into your arms. - It's going to be fun. You are free to simply attend or you can participate. Just let me know and I'll put you on the list. -
Despite the children's enthusiasm the mother politely declined the offer and was shown to the first available table.

- Good morning welcome... To the Serenitea shop. - What you did not expect was to find yourself face-to-face with your crush.
You looked at each other in disbelief for a few moments but he recomposed himself after a short time to greet you.
"HE SAID MY NAME HE KNOWS I EXIST??????" You screamed internally.
- Now I understand... It seems that only driven by storms could our paths cross. - He thought aloud.
- I don't know what you said, but it sounded great... Do you want to participate? - You handed him the flyer. - I'm sure your haiku will be much appreciated. I know I like to hear your voic...POETRY, I meant poetry. - You straightened up as red as his eyes. - No, r-r-really, you are amazing. Your lyrics are immersive,... It's like they capture the five senses and you have an endless archive of metaphors. N-It's not just because I like your voice...I mean yes....but you're so good...-
You were really fangirling, and in trying to explain yourself you had only made things worse, someone had to bury you in shame.
Looking up again, he was smiling mysteriously, but a blush had appeared on his face as well.
- How could I deny, after these heartfelt compliments from the person who moved my texts in recent times. - And took the paper from your hands, carefully touching them. Before your brain could reactivate itself to dive into the matter, Kazuha's phone rang and she nodded in apology.

- Is that him? - sneaked Venti, making you jump.
- Who? - You replied playing dumb.
- Your heart-shaped eyes can be seen from down the hall. You don't fool me, darling. - He replied with a closed-eye smile.
- Don't. Do. Nothing. - You threatened him by clenching your teeth.
- Whaaat~? - he said innocently, encircling your shoulders. - You're already doing a great job on your own. - And he pinched your still pink cheeks.
The Japanese boy turned around, his eyebrows slightly furrowed. - W-was everything all right Kazuha? - You asked uncertainly.
- It would appear that my outing has taken a lonely path, my friend Beidou kindly informed me of her impending retirement.-
- You can stay with m... I mean no. I have to work, however, if you want my friends would welcome you. They are total idiots but at least nice.- You claimed in one breath - Sometimes. - You concluded, looking at Venti.
- I'll make you think again right away. - Venti said, turning on his heels toward the coffee counter and sticking his tongue out at you. You heard your interlocutor chuckle, crystalline, soft but not shy. Stop throbbing stupid little heart.
- You two are very close. - He commented.
- I love him dearly, we are like siblings,... He even makes me mad like a brother. - You murmured through greeted teeth and Kazuha gave you that wonderful laugh again.

- Here I am! Well, now come inside - ran the boy with the blue pigtails to push you both in.
- What are you doing? - You looked toward your father and he threw you an okay with tears in his eyes. - What did you say to him? - Inquisitively you glared at your friend.
- Only that I set you up on a date with your secret love. - He said nonchalantly. And at that moment you realized that the push had brought you arm in arm with Kazuha, who had obviously heard everything.
- HAHAHA I-I don't know what he's talking about,... I mean obviously, you're very nice...But I mean that would be stupid of me.... We don't know each other and... Here I'm sorry,... Y-you can go since Beidou's not here,...-
- How does the art showcasing work? - he stopped Venti, and asked looking you straight in the eye with a sweet smile, the tips of his ears a little pink.
- You are enrolled! - exclaimed the other leading him to the box in the corner. It was next to your table, and the little German boy dragged you to sit in the nearest possible spot.

Kazuha sat down and took a deep breath bringing his hand to his chin. Then he brought his lips close to the microphone and recited a single Haiku.

- Sweet scent
In the air suspended,
Whispers of tea. -

Brief, yet time seemed to dilate. You had never received the attention of such an intense gaze. Then the boy got up and came and sat down next to you. You hadn't understood much, none had understood much but a cheer went up anyway and the loud Bum Bum in your chest perhaps signaled that something had happened.
- W-what would you like? - You asked him about to order at the counter. He reached out his hand and gently pulled your arm back to you.
Then with a low voice in your ear, responded: - You, Cu-tea -.