Sparkling Berry Juice [Kaveh]

You took a quick glance at the entrance, and when you saw the boy you were waiting for, placed a trembling hand to your chest as if that gesture would help curb your racing heartbeats.
- Argh, I can't believe I'm going to do this... Do I look decent?- asked your friend as you checked your reflection in the nearby window.
Hair soft and combed, but with obvious messy clumps from the bike ride. Clothes, well chosen and polished, but with the other hand wrinkling them out of nervousness. And finally, an accompanying shy smile. "Gorgeous" he could only think, but he would've not allowed himself to make such embarrassing comments at that exact moment. To avoid stammering, the blond boy nodded with conviction, not taking his eyes off you. Nervousness, jealousy, and embarrassment poured into that strong grip around his cup. The incoming gossip about your weekend had been one stab after another for Kaveh.

- There it goes...- You sighed heavily, turned around, and gave your friend one last big smile. He hugged you tightly, and when he saw that gray hair out of the corner of his eye, he knew it was time to remove himself from the scene.

You held your breath for a moment and then took the courage to answer the call - Hello? - There was a clear break in your voice.
- It's me, Kaveh. Are you home now? - Street noises soundtracked his somewhat labored voice.
A whole day had passed without hearing from you; you should have expected that he would provide. - Ah... yes. Sorry I didn't say goodbye to you before leaving. I was in a bit of a hurry. - You chuckled about it, the knot in your throat getting more and more annoying.
- I'm on my way to see you. - stated conclusively.
- Ah... really... and how come? Don't you have anything else to do? Surely better than wasting your time with me. - And hopped a little sob.
- I want to see you. We're friends, right? And we are because I like spending time with you. - He answered firmly again.
- W-well,... But are you sure? V-it's all right you know. And then s-s I'm a little tired I don't want to bore you... -
- And you? - interrupted you - Do you want me to come, or would you rather be alone? - he asked. This time the tone was much calmer and accommodating compared to the previous answers.
- I don't want to ... be alone. -
- I'm coming - 

*Ding dong
The call cut off, and you heard your father greeting someone and calling your name from downstairs. - Kaveh is here! - With great effort, you managed to tell him to let him in without sounding completely distressed. You had been sick to your stomach all day, but the tears didn't seem to want to come out.

Light footsteps approached, and you saw him standing still in front of the front door.
- May I? - he asked to be sure, and you answered with a nod of assent.
- Go ahead and close it, thank you. - He stepped in, and as he approached, his curious eyes wandered involuntarily, his architect's eye ever watchful.
You curled in on yourself even more and motioned for him to sit on your bed, and too immersed in your thoughts, you missed the gradual increase of saturation on his cheeks with each step he took toward you.

Before he could open his mouth, you began a casual conversation, "How was school?" "What did you have for lunch?" "Such a nice weather today..." And he decided to humor you for a while.
A good 10 minutes passed, and he was the one who interrupted you this time by laying a hand on your crossed arms clasped to your body. - You choose when you want to talk about it, but I suggest you do it. If not with me, call someone who makes you comfortable, but let it out. -
And like the violent return of water in a dried-up river, you burst into a cascade of tears. From curling like a ball, you soon found yourself clinging to Kaveh in a natural search for comfort that your friend was willing to offer.

Crying and silent support had succeeded in brightening your mind clouded by too many emotions. You were ready to vent your embarrassment and confront your love's disappointment.
With more awareness of what was happening around you, you were struck by a deep sense of guilt. You had shamelessly crumpled the poor blond between tears and hugs as if he were a handkerchief.
You dragged him to the ground floor of the building, where the family café, Serenitea, was located, and hurried to prepare a snack to offer him. You approached the table where he was seated, and instead of joining in, you proposed: - What do you say we head to your house? I want to tell you everything but it's a little crowded here. - You looked at the clock - ... and also getting late; you still have to go to school tomorrow, right? -
He nodded and proposed to stop by Vanarana.

The large greenhouse was one of the most beautiful places to visit in Teyvat. It was not easy to find. One had to walk down narrow side streets, but once they reached the heart of that suburban neighborhood, the small square had been completely transformed and made into a huge covered garden, full of lush plants and colorful flowers. - There seems to be no one there tonight. - You commented. - Come on, let's sit down. - and pulled him along by tugging lightly on his arm.
- Enjoy. - he smiled at you, but with an undertone of impatience after setting one of the metal and glass tables with your dinner.
- Thank you Kaveh. - you suddenly extended your hand to take his. The contact was electric, and his cheeks tinged pink.
- P-for what? You're the one who prepared -
- Hahaha I'm not talking about the dinner. Thank you for everything. - you told him sincerely, your eyes still flushed and shiny but revitalized after the short laugh.
He squeezed your fingers lightly and smiled in turn.
- Look,... I've been holding back insults from all afternoon about that soulless oak log... - and you burst out laughing again; the disappointment of the morning was easing, and so you began to explain without letting go of his hold.

- Um... I don't seem to have updated you much on Saturday night.... -
- No, but if Cyno gossiped the truth,... I don't want to know the details. - He commented putting an even flustered pout than before.
- I guess he told the true, so... -
You tried to summarize by dribbling out the most intimate details as much as possible. - I thought he was into it in short, but today he slapped me without remorse, telling me how he did it just to please me or something. -
-SO,... he used you and then JUST... - he was furious, to say the least, but when you moved your hand to his cheek, he immediately blanched the anger.
- It's okay, at least now I know it would not work out. - and your smile widened even more - And from this situation, I just confirmed how lucky I am to have you Kaveh, and many friends to support me on these shitty days. - You giggled. Before you could see how red he had turned, he squeezed you tightly and murmured in your ear
- Well, remember that, because I'm not going anywhere. -

Something in your brain clicked, and soon your cheeks were dyed like his.